Sunday, January 2

Happy Anyway.



It is sunday, and as I do every sunday, I faithfully rolled over to postsecret.com There were a few about new years resolutions and this one really caught my eye and made me reflect on my year. It reads : "I hope that the crap which will happen to me in 2011 will be as awesome as the crap that happened in 2010." Here you can't, but on the site if you slide your mouse over the card it flips and reads "I am glad it's possible to be happy anyway."

After flipping the card, I really related to it. 2010 started out as a really rough year for me. I didn't want to be on Grand Manan and not only was I here but I had no friends and no job. Eventually I found a job and now I have been here for a year and worked 3 different jobs. The point I'm getting to is that I was dealt a shitty hand for this year, partly because of circumstance, partly my own decisions/choices. I feel so fortunate I was eventually able to be happy though. Every day was not good but every day wasn't bad either. I was able to take a year of living in a place I didn't prefer, with few friends into a learning experience, a chance to make money to do something I really wanted to and to even learn more how much I didn't want to be on Grand Manan forever.

When I consider everything, I had a lot of good things happen to me. I didn't accomplish much but I can look back and smile. For 3 months I worked at the boys and girls club which was amazing. I truly loved that job and all the workers and kids. They made me smile and laugh everyday and were such a blessing on my life. In April I was able to see LMFAO with a ton of friends and I had such a blast! In June I went to Ontario to see my family there which rocked! I started my job at Verns, which I truly love in August. I have formed some awesome relationships there and am so thankful. In November Rach, Cass and I went away for a christmas shopping day trip and it was honestly so much fun..I will never forget it.

I turned 19 in 2010 and celebrated with a few good friends in Fredericton, it was so much fun, I had a blast! I've met some awesome and special people this year - i LOVE meeting new people :) I started writing semi regularly which has made me really happy - i really love this blog no matter how many people read it aha. I had such a good summer, by the end I was working 2 jobs and not overly enjoying the marathon as usual but still so many good times. Amazing weather, good drinks, good friends and another trip to Fredericton in August with Tam and Annie - i DO love to dance ;)

I rang in the new year with, again, some amazing friends in Fredericton. I am so thankful for my friends, although most were far away, they helped get me through the year and the friends on GM as well.. I'm a lucky duck! I'm glad 2011 is here, like I stated before but I just wanted to make it clear that 2010 had some great moments and even though it was a year of not knowing how I'd get through the year, I did, and I was happy doing it a lot of the time. For that I'm thankful and very proud of myself! aha.

So now I'm onto the next chapter. On February.9th I leave for my brothers home in Edmonton. I am SOOO excited about this and it's only the start of a new adventure for me. I can't wait to meet my new niece and nephew and see my other two nephews who I miss very much and of course get to be with my brother and his beautiful wife - i love them so much and I hate being so far from them for so long. After my stay there, which I'm unsure of how long it will be at this point, possibly a month or so, I will head to Guatemala! I'm excited to get back and eventually explore more of Central America! I've been saving and waiting for a year now and although I'm anxious and stressed and nervous..I feel so excited and hopeful!

More on this later I suppose. This blog hasn't been particularly interested but just a chance for me to reflect a bit. I hope you guys all had a great 2010 and that 2011 brings a year that is just as good if not better.

big love. xo

1 comment:

  1. On this day, God wants you to know
    ... that you can be an echo of your past, or the glory of your future. Past is connected to future through the present. At this very moment, at every moment, you are choosing to carry on the past with all its troubles on your shoulders, OR to let it go and see bright future pull your forward. Choose wisely.

    every now an then, this Facebook App hits home!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR, Bailey!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.