Saturday, October 22

Winning

Well it’s been a busy few days, so busy that I haven’t really had time to write. I must admit, it’s been a while since I was particularly busy. I’m usually trying to wait between blogs so people can actually read one before I strike again 12 hours later. This week has been good though and the next few weeks will be as well. I’m getting full time at work, working out 5-6 days a week, trying to attend volleyball when I can and also pet/house sitting whenever I am asked. This is great but I miss writing even after a few days so I am glad to have the weekend off to write a little somethin’-somethin’.
I wanted to write more about fitness/weight loss this week. I know some of you may be getting tired of it as not everyone cares about my personal journey and not everyone can relate to it but.. this is my blog and right now, this whole weight loss/fitness thing is my life and thanks so much to the (many!) people who have been supporting me through my blog and in my real life, haha.
This past week has been really good. Like I said, I’ve been busy, and I did take two gym days off but I’ve been working hard. I can’t believe how much stronger I’ve become and how much further I’ve been able to push myself (BTW – check out my Operation Sexy Bitch page to see my NSV’s for the past week and my weight loss for the week!! Yay!). The weight has started to come off more rapidly and I’ve never been so motivated. I think living home right now is best for this and in that respect I’m sort of glad to be living on Grand Manan. I need to focus on this and not having friends and parties and all that distraction is helping me to reach my goals. (I do need some friends and a glass of wine this weekend though, man am I lonely!)
As I briefly mentioned in my NSVS on my Osb page, I have been getting some really nice compliments. I’m going on my sixth week at the gym and I am starting to notice some little changes and it’s really cool to have people asking me if I’ve lost weight – it really is an amazing feeling. (Ps.Its also amazing when random people approach me in public about my blog with positive feedback, really loving that!). Some people want to know what I’m doing and although I havn’t lost a huge amount of weight yet, I am making progress and I thought Id make a short list of tips for someone feeling like they may need a change.
First of all, this list is great for someone just starting out. I’m talking, still deciding if you are ready to actually take the plunge, havn’t exercised in a long time, eat a bag of chips every night at 1am kind of beginner. I’m not expert and I still have a long way to go so don’t think that any of this is will 100% for certain work for you but I feel confident that they are great tips for a great start to a new healthy lifestyle.
I would also like to mention that this list is part of a new group of writers I’ve joined. This group is called Bloggers For Health and since I am indeed a Blogger who is all for health, I thought I could partake and have a bit of decent input. So this week the topic ended up being 5 Ways To Live Healthier which sort of went with the topic I wanted to include in my blog. Fate? I think so! This project is geared towards Healthy living in general, not for those trying to lose weight. I can't stress enough how important living healthy is for everyone, even when I get to my goal weight living healthy will still be important. I won't start avoiding the gym and eating unhealthy again. So this is for all you skinny bitches out there too (I mean that term in the most loving and envious way possible, I promise).
So! Here is my list :)
1.)Choose. Turning your life around, whether its your eating habits, exercise habits, drinking habits, smoking habits, etc.. it's all about a choice. I truly believe you will not succeed unless you make a 100% commitment to yourself. You have to believe that you can and will do it because it doesn't matter how much your best friend believes, at the end of the day it's you calling the shots.
2.) Water. Always alway always. Water is so essential to weight loss and living healthy, you need water to live and cutting out all the shitty drinks you are sippin' on won't hurt you either. AT LEAST 8 cups a day and that's not even a hard task. I don't wanna hear SHIT about you not liking water, it barely has a taste and you will learn to like it.. so shut your mouth, plug your picky nose and drink some water. Trust me.
3.) Take a walk. You don't have to run a marathon, you don't have to hit the gym for 90 minutes and lift weights and move muscles you havn't moved in years. Just start simple, take your dog for a walk, walk to the store to pick up whatever you might need, walk to the mail.. something simple. If you walk 30 minutes everyday for one week it would surprise you how much you start to enjoy it and how easy and simple it is and how much more energetic you feel. Seriously. If you don't believe me then be my guest, do it anyway and prove me wrong. I still win.
4.) Stop smoking. Seriously, it is 2011 and we are smart and we know not to fucking smoke. CMON PEOPLE. Even my father is trying to quit, he has gone from a pack a day to 3 packs a week and I am so glad and proud of him. So because of him i do realize that this can be easier said than done but honestly, smoking is so horrible for you and you need to quit if you smoke. If you are going to smoke then how dedicated are you really to your health? Smoking kills more people every year than drugs, car accidents, AIDS, homicide and suicide combined.. COMBINED. that is so wild and out of control and knowing those facts.. you would think less people would smoke. but anyways. like i said, the fact that i want everyone to quit smoking means nothing, its another choice that is totally up to the smoker.
5.) Make slow changes. It is hard to turn your life upside down and change your diet to something completely unfamiliar. I think when it comes to changing your diet you need to go slow and make sure you are making the right choices. Start by switching your milk to skim, eating whole grains instead of unhealthy white bread/noodles etc, incorporate more fruits and veggies into your diet. Once you get comfortable start trying new, healthy foods you had never tried. I recently tried Spaghetti Squash as an alternative to noodles and will be trying Lentils some day soon. I started buying ground turkey and cooking them in bbq sauce instead of eating ground beef. If I'm craving red meat i have pork chops, never steak. Make baby changes and healthy choices so that eventually you are eating lots of yummy and healthy foods.
I know that at some points in my life these tips would have gone in one ear and out the other for me. You have to sort of being in the right frame of mind to really consider and apply these things to your life and if you don't want to make changes, it's all bullshit to you. And thats okay, if you aren't where I am then you aren't. But for those of you who are ready and starting, have already started or have been living healthy for years.. I salute you. It's not easy, theres a lot of temptation and sometimes it's super easy to make unhealthy choices but once you do it feels great.
I've never felt so strong and unstoppable. I feel anxious because I just want to keep working hard and I want it to all happen quickly but I know that its going to take a while. The point is that im dedicate and I keep working hard and I just hope you guys will keep encouraging me and helping me. Although it is all up to me to do the work, all the comments and compliments and advice and suggestions that I get help so much to motivate me. Thanks again.
Don't forget to click the little button up at the top and to the right that say Join This Site to join me as a offical follower. It means the world.
Hope you all are having a fabulous weekend and that you are ready for the week ahead. Here's to healthy choices this week. :)
Big Love.
Bail.

7 comments:

  1. You are certainly motivating me and so right in so many ways...love you XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list! You will do well, you have a great attitude about the process. Live, learn and learn some more..... Never give up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you'll be joining in B4H! This is a great list of ideas. And very inspiring! I know that I will definitely be going for more walks - despite all the rain where I live - and drinking lots more water. It's little things like that that can make the difference in a day to day life. Small changes really make a difference! :)

    Callie @ unladylikeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you and callie! small changes really do make a huge difference. I think these are a great five things, and im so excited to see that youre taking part in Bloggers for Health! icant wait to read your post next week=) (saturdays prompt is already posted on my page)

    much love!
    lauren xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing B4H too!

    Well done one all your successes so far and these tips are great. I'm so in agreement with the drinking water point.

    It's essential to a healthy lifestyle as well as losing weight and feeling fitter!

    Lovely blog.
    Jet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips Bailey. You are inspiring me to keep up with getting back on the healthy/running train. It feels so good! Keep up the good work with getting fit yourself, and with motivating me to stay with it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.