Saturday, November 5

bailey cooked something???

This week my Blog for Health is a recipe! This is such a weird one for me because a)My blog has never been about anything cute like outfits/recipes/clothes like many popular blogs these days and b)I cannot fucking cook to save my life. Recently I tried out my own recipe, without any help from Joan(my mom) if you can believe it! So I thought I would share as it is healthy and a great alternative for those looking to satisfy some cravings but still wanting to eat what you like.
Before I get into that I would just like to look over my last two weeks of Bloggers for Health. Along with the rest of my diet/health/whatever plan, it has gone really well. I have been sticking to all my goals and when I feel unmotivated I tell myself to fuck off and I keep going. The attitude rule I made in week 1 is still ringing true. It still has to be a conscious choice everyday to say “this is what i want. This is what i need. I have to work my ass off for it.” And I am.. and I’m kicking ass and I’m totally taking this moment to gloat. To see how Im making out, check out my Operation Skinny Bitch page (link at the top) and check out my weight loss for the week and some non scale victories I had! Onto the food!!
When I diet the #1 thing I crave is PIZZA! I think because it covers all the things i try to cut back on – Empty Carbs, Cheese and Red/Processed meat- I want it more. So I found this awesome recipe for a cauliflower crust and I added my favorite ingredients.
Recipe for Dough:
Rice 1 cup of cauliflower through a food processor and chuck it into the microwave for 8 minutes. No need to add water – it contains enough on its own.
Mix 1 beaten egg, a splash of oregano and garlic powder (i don’t measure that stuff, i just know go on how much i like the taste of each. Also use whatever fucking spices you wish - obviously) and 1 cup of mozza cheese (you can use some low fat if you wish , whatever works best for your diet) while you wait.
Mix the cauliflower in with the mix and stir until the cheese is all melted and you have a little ball of dough. Spread it out onto a 9 inch pan. (mine usually wont actually reach around the whole pan but its all good!)
Bake for 15 minutes on about 450. Then its time for ingredients!! Again, this is up to you totally but I use salsa as a sauce, spicy chicken, green peppers and onions. I avoid the cheese as there is totally enough in the crust to get me by.
This totally helps with the pizza craving and is so so so filling! Its an awesome alternative and can be something fun to play around with. There are lots of other recipes like this I am finding out so google it up and see what you can find J
If you didn’t see my earlier post about Christmas, I would just like to reiterate that I am getting SO pumped! I went Christmas shopping Thursday and there was Christmas songs and decorations in the stores and there were some Christmas tunes on the way up. When you put Cass and I together after Nov.1st its like a Christmas Fairy Extravaganza!! SO EXCITED!!!
Okay. Thats all for now!

9 comments:

  1. That sounds good--I'm going to try it! I'm not avoiding carbs, but I'm finding I am eating WAY too many. This would be a good way to kill the pizza craving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been driving myself crazy with exercise and trying to eat heatly too! I blog about it every Monday.

    Visiting from FTLOB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big chicken fan and I notice that this recipe has in spicy chicken! Green peppers are another favourite. They certainly add flavour to food. I was hopeless at cooking once but I am getting better at it now and always eager to try out some new recipes.I am a new Follower of your Blog. Take care and all the best to you.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more I read that recipe the better it sounded--what a cool alternative! Thanks for coming by my site earlier...returning some comment love :)

    Now I'm off to have a look around your site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Atkins Friendly post woohoo can't wait to try it.
    I love living a low carb lifestyle and this does it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah - First, I LOVE your blog.
    Second...I am so incredibly excited for Christmas time as well :) actually, I just love the preparation for Christmas, the music, atmosphere, and everything more than the actual day! ha-ha

    Definitely a new follower!
    Glad I found you from FTLOB

    xoxo
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is good to know! My husband is OBSESSED with pizza... but it's not exactly the healthiest thing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pizza is my fave! I am always on the lookout for how to make it healthier. Right now, since I don't have an oven, I can't make it homemade, and since I want to spend my money on travel, not food, I am not buying it either. I have a funny feeling there will be a pizza od happening when I get home. I will have to try out this recipe for sure. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oohhh, a cauliflower crust pizza? That sounds amazing!

    And I totally agree with you! This time of the year is my absolute favorite! It's just filled with all kinds of funness! =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.