Saturday, December 24

happy holidays - the classy way.

I definitely needed to send out a sober happy holidays! Can't believe I made it through an intoxicated post without completely destroying any personal relationships or ruining my reputation. Good work Bailey!

I have been thinking a lot today of the years I have spent Christmas without family. There was the year my brother Jer was in Afghanistan, the year we went to visit Jer in Ontario and I was away from basically EVERYONE else, and all the years I have spent with just my parents. I have had friends come and go and family come and go and its really not the time you want to be apart from those you love.

This year, my brother Reuben is in Australia as well as Diana who is one of my best friends. Jer and Robin and the kids are in Ontario and it feels like everyone is just so far away. Is that he worst that could happen though? I still have so many amazing friends+family here and I know that those I love are safe and happy wherever they are.

Today my heart hurts not for myself and those I am missing but for others. My heart hurts for those who have no one to spend their Christmas with, those who have family members who are sick or hurt, those who have lost and will never spend another Christmas with a certain friend or family members and those who can't afford a Christmas.

I am so fortunate. I have an amazing family and group of friends and each Christmas gets better for me. I am always surrounded by people I love and spoiled to death. There are so many people struggling, not just on the holiday, but in general, and we all need to put that into perspective this holiday.

I'm sincerely wishing you all a very merry christmas, from the bottom of my heart. Enjoy every moment with your family and friends - they may not always be there. Enjoy every gift, whether it's what you wanted or not. Enjoy that someone thought about you and spent their hard earned money so that you could have it. Enjoy your break/day off - many will not get one.

super big holiday love comin' atcha.
bailey. x

3 comments:

  1. That's better...thank you for being a big part of our Christmas for the past 21 years...love you and so glad you are here with us! Hope Santa finds you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's officially Christmas Day here in England so have a wonderful day and I wish you all the best for 2012 too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas darling! Hope you have a fabulous day!!!!

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.