Monday, January 23

styles i fucking despise.

Before I start I will admit now that I don't think I have amazing style. I'm a plus size girl so for much of my life I wore whatever would fit me. I shopped exclusively from the sears catalogue until gr.8. I wear aerie lounge pants to work 3 times a week. I'm not saying these things because I think that my style is some revolutionary shit that no one has caught onto or that it's better than any of the things I post. I'm simply stating the styles that I don't care for. So if you read this, and you rock one or all of the stlyes its a)not a personal attack on you (but you may have bad style and b)stop whining about how I have shitty style too and i dont know what im talking about because this is my blog and not yours..so gtfo if you cant take the heat! yeah. thats my monthly Hardcore Bailey moment.

Let's get the ball rolling and start offending people! Pretty much everyone knows that this is my most hated hated hated thing so clearly its #1.

1.) I don't give a fuck how comfortable these fuckers are. They are ugly as shit and you look stupid. I promise you that you can find shoes that are cheap and comfortable and look decent. You do not need to settle for wearing crocs..ever. I don't care if they are fur lined - is this a joke that the whole world is playing on me?

2.) You are not Flo Rida's groupy (I hope) and you probably aren't even wearing apple bottom jeans. Fur is nasty and fur boots are even more nasty. Puke.
Source: us.asos.com via Erin on Pinterest


Fur Part B
Source: tumblr.com via Kim on Pinterest


Really????? Okay...

3.) Do I even need to explain this? You look foolish.
Source: gilt.com via Lauren on Pinterest


4.) I hugely support piercings and even tattoos but eyebrow piercings are something that I think niether the ladies or the bros pull off. Dudes especially.. huge turn off.


5.)Nothing screams trash to me louder than this symbol on clothes, or as a sticker or on jewelry or anywhere - sooooo trashy.The worst is a permanent tattoo of a fucking playboy bunny..on anyone. It's disgusting. I don't have anything against Playboy or people who read it or the bunnies or rabbits or whatever they are.. I just think sporting clothes and tattoos with the symbol is trashy. I'm gonna bet a pretty stellar amount that the girls who sport all this shit don't actually read Playboy, know absolutely nothing about it and just a heads up ladies -you're never gonna be a playboy bunny so just give up the dream and get an education..

oh nice. super classy!

6.) This fabric should be used for NOTHING. Shirts, skirts, dresses.. nothing. I MAY make exceptions for heels..but suede is a much better suited material for the style I'm talking about. Velvet is so nasty, it's almost funny how stupid it is that it's actually sort of coming back in style. See this dress im posting? I actually remember when I lot of my girl friends had this like.. exact dress. Courtney - you are so guilty! You know how old we were? We were eight and it was picture day, and our parents dressed us. It was also the 90s - the biggest decade of shitty style EVER! There is absolutely no need for velvet ever now.




7.)I get a lot of heat for this one but I don't care. It's cool with me that people do it, It's just not my thing. Why the fuck would I (over)pay 50$ to fucking advertise for Hollister/Aeropostale/Lacoste/Abercrombie/AmericanEagle Etc. Like what thought goes into wearing a blue tshirt with Hollister plastered across it? It's boring. I personally would just rather wear a plain shirt.. and not be a walking commercial. I'm cool with repping your favorite sports team or something but I don't need anyone to know where I shop by reading my chest (or my ass - which is super tacky by the way). I just don't get it and I think it looks super middle school..which is fine if you are in middle school.


And with that, I think I'm done. There are a ton more styles I hate but its getting close to 2:30am and I don't want to start posting pictures of people I actually know in real life and saying that I hate what they are wearing my exhaustion could lead to that! So I will quit while I'm ahead and already offended half the population of Grand Manan.

Again, I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings or personally attack anyone, it's just a blog post and it's meant for a laugh. If you are not laughing..go through your closet.

Have an awesome week guys! And if you're not already a follower, take the 5 seconds to follow! I'm 10 away from 100 - so excited!

Big Love,
Bailey.


10 comments:

  1. crocs are the fugliest thing ever invented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I HEAR YOU ON THE CROCS! They are pretty much the worst but I heard they made ONE BILLION dollars in sales last year! I don't get it.

    You're right with everything else too - although I have the most amazing brown crushed velvet dress. Then again, I wore it to a semi-formal...in grade 10...so that would've been in...er...1997(?) so I get an exemption because it was the 90s and crushed velvet was cool back then. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..I agree with all of these points. I so glad to know there is someone else out there that despises velvet, crocs, and jumpsuits as much as I do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely support all your denunciations of style faux pas(s)! All of these are horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this post made me laugh so hard. I totally agree with each point you made. All of the above is pure nastiness! Although I may have been guilty of wearing crocs (without the holes) to work, and a hoodie with branding in high school, which in my defense was still totally cool in my day. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you on allllll of these things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine and I just read these and had a good laugh.
    You're funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to get a pair of crocs, but Robin vetoed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG i own ALL of these and wear them everyday!!!

    Only joking. I wear them at weekends only hahaha.

    No, I totally agree with you. They're all horrid. I'm not sure if it's the same in your country but in Hollister in the UK the shop is so dark that you can't even see the prices of the clothes! I guess that is a good thing because they're so freaking expensive! Also I think you've got to wear minus size clothing to even fit into anything in there. I once tried on a t-shirt and it was an XL yet when I tried it on, it might as well have been an XL for babies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. :O NOOOO not crushed velvet!!! I had a FULL-LENGTH, PURPLE (not quite that purple, more violet), CRUSHED VELVET DRESS. With short sleeves. Idk how old I was, but I LOVED it. I'm...not sure why. At all. Agh and the Playboy Bunny symbol! Yuck. Cuz teenagers need them on their satiny bedding (?!). Because we ALL wish we could f*ck an 85-year-old millionaire. I know I sure do.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.