Tuesday, February 14

Happy Bailentines Day!




Happy Valentines Day, everyone! Ahhhh the day of love! It seems like either you really enjoyed this day or you hate it. I seem like the sort of person who would hate it but I actually really enjoy it. I think Valentines can be all about love - no matter who/what you are loving. I have so many amazing things and people in my life to love, that there is no reason I should ever be a grump about this day! Whether you are celebrating someone you love or not.. did you remember to love yourself today?

Im a firm believer in the cheesy saying that before you can properly love another and let them love you, you must love yourself. Unfortunately, self love isn't the easiest thing in the world, no matter how many people are loving you and showing you how much you're worth. It is SO important though.

I've always had really low self esteem and self worth. I look in the mirror and I see stomach (and lots of it), frizzy hair, funny skin, horrible porportions, knock knees and more chins than face. I felt painfully unintelligent all through school and I had no idea what I was good at. I have felt pretty useless my whole life.

While losing weight I have also been trying to find my self worth. I want to be able to love myself and I know that some day I will. I'm finding out more of who I am and what I am capable of. I can't look in the mirror and think wow, you're sexy and I still have no idea what im good at or what i'm here for but somehow I feel closer.

So in honor of Valentines, and not only loving all the AMAZING people I'm surrounded with but loving myself as well, I thought I compose a list of 5 things I love about Bailey. Hopefully someday I, and everyone, will be able to compose a super long list of why we love ourselves.

1. My body is powerful and strong and shows improvement with every work out.
2. My skin stays relatively clear.
3. I can see good in almost anyone.
4. I inspire people through my writing and my actions to get fit and healthy.
5. My hair is long.. and I like it that way.

What do you love about yourselves? Can you come up with 5 things? If you can't, I need for you to work on it. Everyday I come closer to finding peace with who I am and how I feel about my body and I promise you - it feels really good. Tip : The biggest factor in that is that I try my hardest to not care about other peoples negative thoughts of me.

I hope you all had a lovely Valentines Day. If you are in a relationship and he forgot to say Happy Valentines Day - slap him. Then forget it because as long as he is loving you right every day of the year - what do you really have to complain about? If you are single, just do what I do - the future boyfriend needs to know that he is to make up for all the Vdays you spent alone. No big deal.

Love you all.
BIG valentines kinda' love.
bail.

thechunkygoddess

8 comments:

  1. Another great post, and a great take on v-day. It's a nice idea to ask people to make a list of 5 things they like about themselves. We did that at our mom's group on mfp, and the answers were memorable and a great activity for a dieter who is scrutinizing her body all of the time. I benefitted immensely from it. So, I second this blog. Make your lists everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect post!!! i think anyone at any age or circumstance can certainly relate -- i know i can!
    and i love your list & oddly those are some of the same things i love about myself!!
    i see so much of myself in you it's not even funny!

    you rock & you inspire me to be better!

    happy bailentines day!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh and a HUMONGOUS thanks for linking up -- me love ya long time!

    cyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leaving other people's negativity out of your life is SUCCESS. Their bs has nothing to do with you - it is darkness that they carry around. Love the post, you rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your list of five things you love about yourself.



    Here is five things I love about myself:

    1. I have good manners

    2. I love my sense of humour

    3. I'm very considerate towards everyone

    4. I hate losing but I'm gracious in defeat

    5. I love being spontaneous

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite Valentine's Day post I read all week! Thanks for being so honest. I hope you had a great Feb 14th. I bought myself flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a cute Valentine! haha Also, I really like your list. Sometimes we just have to step back and be like, "This is who I am and I'm happy with it!" have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.