Sunday, April 15

Blessed.

Before I start what this post is actually about I would just like to get word out for any of you living in the Fredericton area who may be looking for a place just for the summer. My friend has a place she would liek to sublet May through August for a good price! If you are interested at all, or know someone who is, just shoot me an email or a fb inbox :) I will get you into contact with my friend from there! Thanks bailey.j.small@hotmail.com

Source: piccsy.com via MeuAnjo on Pinterest


Happy Sunday ! My favorite day because I get to be lazy like every other day but I get to act like it's only because its Sunday and on most occasions Im hungover. :)

I follow the blog (Bee)autiful Blessings and each Sunday the writer, Kaity, has a link up called Sunday Blessings. As you can probably guess it is just about counting your blessings. Although I do not consider myself religious, I am definitely spiritual and I believe in being extremely thankful for what you have (whether you were blessed with it or not).

I hate how greedy, ungrateful and entitled people, young and old, seem to be these days. Each day I try to thank whoever, whatever or maybe nothing for all that I have - which is a lot. Maybe I have nothing to thank, maybe the cards just fell like this for me, but I don't care. I need to know that if someone is doing this for me.. they know I appreciate it. I feel selfish and horrible when I see myself pouting over something I don't have when I already have SO much or when I realize I haven't thought about how awesome my life is in a while.

My Sunday Blessings
Basic Blessings

A Roof Over My Head
Not just that but a roof that I like. I love my living arrangements and I usually do. Even when I was in Guatemala and placed with a family, I was so blessed with an awesome family and a great home. When I live with my parents, it can be frustrating as an approaching 21 year old, but it's home and its comfortable. Its safe, we have running water, electricity, heat and food. So many people are lucky to have some place to sleep and those places don't have the basic things we take for granted - water, plumbing, etc.



Support System
I have a butt load of amazing people in my life. I have a huge family to start with and growing up I always had aunts, uncles and cousins around. If it wasn't awesome enough that I was blessed with loving, providing and responsible parents I had Jimmy and Debbie down the road who have meant so much to me and been a big part of my life and my grandmother lived right next door to me for much of my life. I also have amazing friends and some of their parents are amazing as well and when I think about all the great people in my life I get overwhelmed aha. Like right now.

New People/Experiences
I was lucky enough to travel through Central America twice since I graduated. I met so many new people and experienced so many new things. These people opened my mind to so many new cultures and ideas and people. Not everyone gets to go out and do the things I did and I am so thankful for my experiences. I am so thankful for enlightenment and having my mind opened up and broadened.

Source: piccsy.com via Kelly on Pinterest


Opportunity
The sky is the limit is what we are told. I don't know what my limit is but I know there is so much out there for me. I love that I can just go do something if I want. I live in a pretty free part of the world and though I do not have abundant funds I still have endless opportunities and when I think about it I feel pretty bad for not taking advantage. I can go for a walk down the street or I can hitch hike to the other end of the country. I can learn to knit, make new friends or write a blog and I can say whatever the hell I want. Some people are denied these simple opportunities and I am so thankful to be able to do the things I do!

Choice
I can chose to live in BC, I can chose to be Buddhist, I can chose to be liberal, I can chose to be whatever I want. There is criticism for any choices you make in this life but I am blessed to live in a place with so many different types of people who believe in various things and live in various ways. Much like opportunity I am thankful to be able to chose whatever it is I wish to do.

Each Day
I have lived thousands of days. Not every day was good and not every day was bad but I was blessed with all of these days, this whole life. Whether I live to be 21 or 91 I am so thankful for life. I have been blessed with a healthy life full of amazing things and I am overwhelmed with my fortune. No, my life isn't what everyone would consider to be great but I live a full, satisfying life and I share it with some pretty amazing people.



I know, these are pretty basic. If I participate in Sunday Blessings again I will be more specific but for my first time I just wanted to talk about how thankful I am for the simple things.

Lastly I would like to mention how thankful I am for my readers! You have encouraged me and supported me for so long. The readers who have been reading for 2 years or the readers who just stumbled upon my blog today.. thank you! I love writing and I love this blog and I am so thankful for the readers who are here with me every time I post. You guys are definitely blessings!

Big Love,
Bailey.

5 comments:

  1. Aww...thanks so much for linking up! It's crazy how oblivious we can be to how good we have until we actually take the time to pay attention.

    Thanks for following my blog! You're a huge blessing to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I'm having a bad day, I always try and remind myself of the time I went to India and saw people who had next to nothing, yet loved life.

    It's important to remember just how lucky we are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these. They're very inspirational, especially the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an inspirational post - I loved it! Every morning when I wake up, I repeat "Thank you" over & over to myself. It is so important to be thankful. I try to say it as many times as possible before I have to use my brain for something else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so important to count your blessings. Every.Single.Day.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.