Wednesday, April 4

push, push and push some more.

I posted on my Being Bailey Facebook Page that I was pooping my pants with excitement over something and that I would blog about it tonight. This is me keeping that promise! I am so excited.. seriously. Ask Maddy about the ridiculous texts.. I could barely contain my joy.

The big news which is not really big news to anyone besides myself is that I had a HUGE personal nsv tonight (non scale victory - check out my operation sexy bitch page for my nsvs from last week, i update every monday). For me, my self worth, my weightloss journey my fitness journey - it was a big deal and im ecstatic!

If you read my post Most Anything Is Possible about suprising myself and reaching my goal to run a 5k sooner than expected, you may know that my furthest jogging distance is 5.8k (nope, haven't passed it since then!). You can read for yourself but basically I was absolutely pleased and amazed by it. My longest time jogging without stopping is MAYBE 35 min at most which would be the time I did the 5.8k. When I left for my run tonight I told myself I was going to run atleast 40min and I was going to run 6k. I knew I could do it and I was excited!

I set off. I was surprised by how good I felt. I had been super excited about a 4k run I did Sunday that took the absolute life out of me. Yes, I struggled, but I like knowing I pushed myself andI hadn't ran a good distance in a while. It was a victory. Tonight I wanted to really push myself though but was surprised when the running was coming easier than Sunday.

Then I kept running, I kept pushing..and my sweet NSV happened. I ran SEVEN km - 60 mins straight!! SIXTY minutes. That is almost double my best run! I checked my time at 59 minutes and said - FUCK THAT - and I ran two more minutes. I feel SO good about this and so proud and SO motivated! Thats why im bragging, lol, Im PROUD of myself and I dont care if I sound like a braggity braggerson - I never ever thought I would be able to do this.

Remember this girl?

I do. I remember her, and I hear her and she is still here in my head sometimes telling me that I am the exact same person. She tells me that I can't do this, she tells me im incapable, she tells me I will never get my eating under control. She tells me I've never been successful and there is no reason to think its going to start now. But I know deep in my heart shes wrong.. I know it.

I will never be her again and I will never go back to thinking that i cant do anything, that I cant gain control of my life and my health and get healthy and turn my life around. I know now that i deserve to be happy and healthy even though it took me a LONG time to realize it.

I can do this. No matter what happens, no matter what gets in my way, no matter how long it takes me or how many times I feel like giving up I have it in me. Six months ago running 10 minutes was an achievement, a huge one and I am proud of that achievement still today. But now 60 mins is an achievement and Im going to keep pushing until I reach every single goal I set for myself.

I went from being 251lbs, barely able to run for two minutes to being 210lbs and running for 60 minutes. ANYTHING is possible and I am not stopping... not for a second.

big love,
bailey.

10 comments:

  1. AWWWWWESOME! I'm SO jealous! I ran six minutes and had to walk the last 3. I havent worked out/ran in quite a few weeks though so it was a baby victory for me.

    So proud of you :) You can totally do it - kick ass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bail, I am sooo proud of you. I am terrible about getting off my ass and exercising, alot of my weight loss is due to the changes I made with my eating habits. This post really motivates me to get up and do something :) I can't wait to go to the gym, get ahold of me when you can!
    I hear that same negative girl that you hear, only a robyn version and i think i need to start proving her wrong!
    lots of love from me!! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Bailey!!! I am so proud of you!! That's an incredible achievement, and so a NSV. Be proud girl, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bailey, I am so happy & thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful achievement. Of course you can do it. Good luck in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheering in Arkansas! Can you hear the hooooollllaaa from the 7 of us?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ConFrikkenGratulations! Thats is brilliant!

    WELL DONE>

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is fantastic! It's so awesome to achieve a goal, especially when it's a physical goal. Running for 60 minutes STRAIGHT?! That's amazing and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should be proud! That's an awesome accomplishment!! And your attitdude is so awesomely positive- love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Superb! I look forward to reading what you'll be achieving next.

    Keep pushing yourself and you definitely can achieve anything!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.