Tuesday, May 15

busts and cleanses.

Yeh. Total bust on the perfect week. My stomach is wild and I'm up 5-7 lbs depending on when I step on the scale. I was up 11 so I guess 5 is an improvement. WHAT THE FUCK? My stomach is doing crazy things and I don't know if something is wrong with me and I don't know what I'm doing wrong except for what I'm doing right now which is eating oreos.

For the first time in the last 7-8 months I considered giving up this weekend. I thought I'm going nowhere on this journey, in fact, I'm gaining. I've been telling myself not to give up for a long time and I'm tired of lying to myself and saying I can do it when I clearly can't.

That sounds stupid. I know most of you are probably thinking "dont give up" but.. it's just getting fucking annoying to be honest. But that's the end of my complaining. I'm just going to keep on keeping on because I don't want to keep gaining, I don't want to stay the same and that leaves one other option. So I will keep trying and frustrating the hell out of myself.

So onto a less depressing topic : for the next few days, I'm going to be doing a cleanse (ok, maybe still a bit depressing for some). Maddy and I have a Summer 2012 Pinterest Board of things we want to do this summer and we have already begun by doing yoga and getting drunk with our friends (real original aha). Next we are trying a cleanse! We researched different cleanses and decided to make our own rules like we do to everything else.

We weren't going for a weight loss theme. We just wanted to clean out our bodies for a few days to feel refreshed and healthy. We looked up colon cleanses, as health was more of our aim, but some seemed a bit scary. We basically came up with some pretty typical rules and food ideas that we'd strictly stick to for the next 2 days. I may do 3 if I can handle it.

The rules are basically to stick mainly to fruit and veggies. I will be using no sauces when I cook, just a bit of olive oil and herbs. No sugar, no starchy foods and super clean eating. Lot's of green tea and water - no other drinks. It's almost like a very strict persons diet. Yes, maybe I should be eating like this in general but I enjoy carbs and I don't like to do a lot of restrictive eating as I see it unrealistic for the way I plan to live my life (which is with treats and cheese as a part of it!).

Tomorrow (and the next day) I plan to eat something like this :

Breakfast : Fruit Smoothie (1/2Cup Greek Yogurt and 2Cups of Fruit of Choice which I will choose then)
and an egg white omelet. 

Lunch: A Chicken Salad Loaded with Veggies and a small serving of chicken. I'm going without sauce but that's cool with me - i actually LIKE lettuce and don't need to smother it in ranch even when I'm not cleansing. 

Snack : Another Fruit Smoothie

Snack : Apple with Almond Butter

Dinner: Zuchini, Carrots, Tomatos, Onions and Peppers fried up in the frying pan with some garlic :) 
Snack : Another dose of fruits or veggies (seeing a trend here?)


So that is the plan! Just some super healthy stuff to flush me out. I think cleanses have a lot of benefits and have read once every week or two are good for the system. I'm not sure I could do some of the intense cleanses once a week but one of these, definitely. My hope with this is to feel CLEAN, not just physically, but psychologically and emotionally. The goal is not to lose weight although that would be totally welcome. I want to get rid of that bloated feeling I've been dealing with all week that is making me feel disgusting and horrible about myself. 

Have you ever done a cleanse? How did it go? Do you think cleanses are good/bad/whatever? 

I'm just glad I'm not doing the master cleanse. Something about lemon juice and maple syrup..what the fuck?

big love,
bailey. 

my kinda cleanse !! 

Source: goo.gl via Leigh on Pinterest





1 comment:

  1. I've never done a cleanse before, I'm too lazy and love my carbs too much. I eat about 4-6 slices of bread a day so to go from 6 to 0 would probably make me cry!!! Im interested to know how you do. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.