Wednesday, June 13

swag dubs.

I hinted to an adventure on Monday and I am getting around to telling you guys all about it today! It was one of the funnest things I've done in a long time and I will never forget it.

  It started out with me and my friends Will, Diana and Maddy having a few drinks at Maddy and Wills house. We were complaining about how brutal the night was going to be because nothing fun was going on like most nights on Grand Manan. We continued the complaining for about 45 minutes, calling all of our friends, seeing if they had heard of anything. In case you are wondering this is what a lot of weekends are like for us.

I wrote about Life on Grand Manan a few weeks ago and you may remember me mentioning that it is an island. We have to take a ferry to go anywhere. That night we entertained the thought of just taking the ferry and driving to Saint John (the nearest city) and spending a night with a friend. Unfortunately, when we thought of this brilliant idea, it was about 8oclock and the last ferry had left 30 minutes prior. Well fuck.

"We should just charter a plane and take the fuck off" mentioned one of us. We all agreed, in a humorous "yeah right" sort of way, that we should do it. Then Diana, the craziest of the four of us said, no seriously, we should seriously do this. For the next 20 minutes we tossed the idea around, we searched up Atlantic Charters (the only way to get off of the island by flight unless you are dying which is not the way we wished to get off) and asked on facebook if anyone knew prices.

We argued about who would call and ask about flights and possibilities. Not surprisingly, Diana got that job. She called, got the information, and said we had 15 minutes to decide what we were doing. We agreed that we had to do it, YOLO. And the rest is history.


She called them back, confirmed the flight, and we had 15 minutes to collect anything we wanted to take and get to the airport. The only real obstacles were my mother, who looked like she might shoot me when I told her what I was doing and the road block that was set up in the 50 zone before the airport as we flew through at 100. Ooops. My friend explained "I know this is outrageous - but we have a PLANE to catch". Luckily, they let us through, and we were off.

The flight was amazing. We were in this little six seater and we flew over as the sun set - absolutely beautiful. Who does that? We're pretty regular people, just working 20 somethings, going to school, enjoying the summer - we dont do things like this. We had a drink and flew over our beautiful island and it was so awesome.



When we got to the other side, after a photoshoot of course, we got a taxi to the city and stayed at a friends house like we would have if we had taken the ferry for a lot less money. Yes, it was a bit more money than we could've spent, but it was SO worth it. The flight, the adventure and the fun we had that night were totally worth it! Yolo, people, YOLO!

love it.




We went out and had an awesome time - what we wanted all along




So there you have it! My quick and crazy adventure from the weekend. I love my friends and I love life! haha. Today I'm linking up with The Vintage Apple for Oh, How Pinteresting and I'm sharing some of my favorite "Yolo" pins to go with my weekend :)

Big Love,
Bailey













& this one just kind of made me laugh! you do only live once but live with a bit of logic too ahahah.


Source: goo.gl via Celinda on Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. Oh man that sounds like a blast! But i'm not going to lie... the most impressive part of that is getting Maddy gathered up, out of the house and to the airport in 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Bailey. Thats awesome!! Your gonna remember that forever!! and Never regret it. SO cool.. I would of made that called too. YOLO!!! Im trying to be back to being that way. I want to go do all the things I always have wanted to do and this year I have vowed to make it my year. No matter what anyone thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bailey HOW COOL IS THAT! Good for you for having adventures, and taking chances, those moments are what life is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, this sounds so fabulous. Adore this post, love. How am I only just now following you? If you get a sec, I just posted pictures from my wedding ceremony and my latest post for LaurenConrad.com. Eeek. Love to hear what you think. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool!! I have never been in a plane that small but I think it would be awesome! Did you get your chocolate?

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.