Sunday, July 29

waitress dreamin, fears and peevin' .


I am fucking POOPED. Friday, Saturday and Sunday were all long days for me, starting at 6:30am and ending anywhere from 8pm-10pm each night and I am sore as fuck from being on my feet and just so over tired. I get to sleep in tomorrow and I could not be more excited. Unfortunately these long weekends don't leave me with much time to think about anything let alone write a thought provoking blog or even anything that can make you laugh. Alas, I am doing a link up (not very exciting) but the Sunday Social topics tend to give me some good material. I'll also catch up on my July Blog Challenge - almost done that one! Where in the FUCK did July go? Right down the waitressing drain I'd say.. can't even remember the last 29 days. 

What is your dream job? 
My dream job is probably performing - like the big times. I have no plans to actually pursue this -I have a bad physique, I'm not THAT talented and I don't have the personality for fame- but it would be amazing. A dream job I would consider pursuing though is writing. I would like to be a critic or maybe write travel reviews so I could mix travel with writing. That would be amazing!

2. If you had just won the lottery and didn't need to work for money, what would you do with your time? 
I think I would still do some work-like thing. I would definitely put money into my blog and more time into it as well. I would volunteer- like a lot- and on a broad scale. Travel more, volunteer while I travel and put my money towards good (and good clothes). I'm not gonna lie and say I wouldn't use any on myself because I totally would but I have so many foundations I would love to put money into and I would hope to actually work WITH them so I feel more apart of the action rather than just a financial supporter.I would love to put money into Grand Manan as well and get it poppin - this place could be a SERIOUS tourist attraction, way more so than it is now, it just needs a boost. 

3.When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?
For a long time I wanted to be a psychologist but by the time I hit high school I knew I wasn't smart enough. Since I was soooo little I just wanted to be a big star singing and acting aha. Typical!



4.What piece of career advice would you give to someone just entering in your field? Well...I'm a waitress aha. Not very glamorous but I do have lot's of advice after 5 or 6 years. If you aren't nice to people and especially if you don't like them - don't fucking do it. People don't like being waited on by assholes just as much as you don't like waiting on them so save everyone a bad day and get in the kitchen or find a different job (preferably outside of customer service). Also - put on those big girl panties. People aren't always nice, they are messy and shit happens. Just suck it up, keep smiling and push through it. The day will eventually end and the assholes at table 4 will eventually leave, I promise.

5. Biggest Pet Peeves in Life/Blogging or Work
In life I just generally hate bad attitudes and people who think they are better than other people. Get the fuck over yourself. Read this for the shit I hate most about the blogging world -  had a good time writing that one aha. At work my biggest pet peeve is probably needy people at the busiest hours. I hate having that one couple who think I should be only 5 seconds doing everything for them and wiping the shit off of their face when I have a full dining room. Patience is key - I am going as fast as I can, my dears.

6. Biggest fears
I hate the dark a lot of the time, maggots freak me the fuck out and thoughts of death, eternity and raptures make me real anxious like.

What are your biggest fears and pet peeves?

July 25 What is in your purse?
I don't carry a purse. Sometimes if  have a lot of shit I carry an over the shoulder bag from Guatemala with tanning oil, camera, cell phone, computer whatever it is I need to carry around. I usually just keep shit I need in my car or pocket. I also stow things away in my bra fairly often aha. I don't even have a wallet, I just use my bra. Super classy eh?

July 26  Post a picture of something yellow
First picture on my fb I saw with yellow. This is from Birthday Celebrations!!

July 27 What was your most memorable vacation?
Either safe grad or my trip to Cuba with Courtney!

Check me out! I just turned 18 in this picture, I feel like I look young! This is a few of us on Safe Grad after a big breaky at IHOP - delicious. Such a fun trip :)

July 28 Write about the last dream you remember having
I have been so tired lately that I don't remember dreams or I'm sleeping so deeply that I'm not having a ton of dreams. Most of my dreams I have while I'm still half awake and all i dream about is waiting on people. Over and over and over. I wake up and laugh at myself and I remember last night or the night before being like.. I'm just gonna keep having this dream. It's pathetic. I can't escape waitressing, even when I sleep!

July 29 If you could be famous for one thing what would it be?
I think I would chose making the world close enough to perfect that its awesome but not boring aha. That sounds funny and I don't want the fame I just think it would be cool if the world was like that aha. It would also be cool to be famous just for doing something great and inspiring other people to do great shit!

Would you like to be famous? I think fame is horrible most times. It sort of takes the souls out of sometimes talented people. It's a weird thing, fame. We think we want it but it's the last thing we actually need, I think. Weird.

Click here to check out others who answered these questions to see how much more interesting they all are than I aha. In my defense, for the 75th time, I'm just so fucking tired. So even though i can sleep i the morning and its 10:30...I think I'll read and head to bed.

Big Love,
Bailey

Ps. I'm reading Jodi Picoults Songs Of The Humpback Whales - good shit! All of her books are great reads if you are looking for something!xx


3 comments:

  1. I sooo want the same dream job. To be paid to travel and write about it, Sweet!! I hate magots to, I literally throw up a little in my mouth when I see them. My husband had a dream the other night and he said he woke up steaming mad. So pissed he couldnt go back to bed. He didnt remember the dream either. And there is no shame in spoiling yourself or ME when you win the lottery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! Your answers are so entertaining.

    And, truth be told, I get a tiny thrill at the language you use. Profanity, when used properly as here, adds punch to writing. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, if you won the lottery, take me with you. I love travelling, I just don't do it enough!

    Here's the deal. You take me, we go to great places. You can write and I'll proof read it and take out all the F-bombs you write hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.