Thursday, August 9

207

I wrote a post in February called 211. 211 was basically about how I had never been able to get under 212, I had never seen the number 211. I did reach 211 in February but since then, I have only gone as far as 208. I don't know what it is about the 208-214 region - my body just fucking loves it apparently. So I decided to discuss today how I still have never seen even a peak of 207, hasn't even flashed there to tease me and shot back up to 208 or 209. Frustrating!

I obviously hope to see see 207 this week after another good loss last week and reaching my lowest weight again, 208. I am proud to be back down and doing better and not be 5-8lbs up, but I really want to push past 208 and start losing actual new pounds again that I have never lost. Apparently that's a lot to ask but you wanna fucking believe that I'm going to keep pushing.

I seem to have found at least a portion of my old motivation. I've been active the last three days, yesterday I ran for the first time and even did some weights for the first time in ages. Actual months most likely-I'm pretty ashamed of that. My eating is pretty awesome lately though and if I want to keep motivated I have to celebrate things like that - the fact that I'm eating a ton of veggies, avoiding starchy foods, cutting back on my sweets and focusing on getting tons of fiber.

Will I see 207 this week? I'm not sure. As of now the scale isn't really acting like I will but you never know. Mark my words though, I will see it, whether it's this week, next week or 4 weeks from now. Hold me to it, people.

Before I sign off I just wanted to share what's been up with my eating. I think in another post I may or may not have mentioned about Bob Harpers Skinny Rules book. I liked all of his rules so I have been trying to stick with a lot of them because a lot of them are pretty paleo-oriented and I know that they make a lot of sense. Here are the top 10 (there are 20 altogether) that I really try to stick with for those of you looking for some tips :

1)Slash Intake of Refined Flours and Grains
2)Eat 30-50 Grams of Fiber every Day. (Myfitnesspal.com records it for me and I usually end up around 35)
3)Eat apples and berries every single Day. So much fiber and antioxidants - definitely try for this since I love both!
4)Stop guessing about portion size and get it right - this is super big for me. I need to measure more!
5)Get rid of the white potatos. but i loves em so much...
6)Eat a real breakfast. It's great for your metabolism and it's such an easy one to skip but I always put in an effort to at least eat some blueberries or an apple. I usually have some yogurt and thats my dairy for the day.
7)Eat your vegetables. So important, I go veggie shopping a few times a week to make sure I have some floating around.
8)Sleep right. I have been trying to get enough sleep so that I'm not a zombie and because I know it makes me more likely to do a work out and is just generally good for my health, obviously.
9) Get rid of fasts foods and fried foods. So hard working at a restaurant but I'm really trying!
10)Plan one splurge meal a week. For me, this is important, or I binge. I have treats here and there, I have sweets a few times a week. Eventually I may be able to stop this but if I do it in in moderation i eat less because I will binge and go nuts if I deprive myself of it completely.

Google it and possibly buy the book - and then let me borrow it because i totally stole this information off the internet. :)

I'm headed to work but I just wanted to update quickly on whats up! Send me 207 vibes on Monday morning people, haha.

Do you have any awesome tips for weight loss that you think are over looked? I think splurge meals are over looked aha. I wonder why? I'm an idiot.

Big Love,
Bailey 

14 comments:

  1. I think the biggest thing for me has always been eating mindfully. If I get a snack craving, I have to ask myself- am I actually hungry or am I just bored? Then once I start eating I try to eat until I'm no longer hungry, rather than pushing past to the point where I'm completely stuffed. It makes a big difference and it makes you feel more in control of your own eating habits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is something I so need to focus on! I eat to eat, I eat when I'm bored, I eat emotionally - I need to eat for my health, not just eat until I'm full. Mindful eating - i must conquer you!

      Delete
  2. Sending you some 206.8 vibes! Go big or go home! Love you XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow I can't wait to check out this skinny rules book, it sounds really good. I have never heard of it. Thanks for visiting me over at Dirt and Pearls. Good luck!! We can do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lady,
    So here are some tips from an english psychologist ....(not me I just read the book)
    1) It takes 20 minutes for you brain to recognise that you have eaten so try and make your meal/ snack last 20 mintues ... some people start timing their meals so then if if takes you 2 minutes to eat it... you must wait 18 minutes until you can say im still hunrgy im going to eat something else or....oh that filled me up.
    a way of eating slower is to put your cutlery down in between mouth fulls and not to pick them back up until everything in your mouth is gone.
    or chewing for 20 counts and not to take another bite until you have counted 20.

    2) stay hydrated!!!!!! we're all sooo bad at this but seriously! (im a nurse we're probably the worse at this) most "hunger pains" are signals in the brain saying "Hey im sooooooo fricking thirsty"



    But most of all Bailey....know that you are fricking Beautiful 207 pounds, 107 pounds or 707 pounds!!!!!

    Mwah!!!

    Love mia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand how frustrating this is! I have been on weight watchers for 11 weeks and the last 5 I have been struggling because I hit a plateau and have only lost 1.5 lbs! Have a happy Saturday and be sure to check out my giveaway ending today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sending lots of positive 207 vibes your way! I know how exciting it is to see a new number you haven't seen in awhile or better yet, haven't seen at all! Keep up the good work Bailey. I am finally getting back in my groove of working out, eating healthier, and trying to keep up with MFP. Reading about your good progress keeps me motivated! And I absolutely need cheat snacks or a meal here and there to get me through, but when I am on a roll, I just try to plan, plan, plan. For example, if I want to load up on popcorn and candy at the movies some night, then I make sure to eat super light and healthy during the day and have a good work out. I may not fall into a negative that way, but at least it won't turn into 2 days worth of calories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes when you think you're hungry, you're actually thirsty. One of the other commenters mentioned this in a way - stay hydrated. You should drink the 8 cups of water a day, but typically, you should drink half your body weight - in ounces - in water. 150 lbs = 75 ounces of water. I'm constantly running to the bathroom, but I'm so used to it, it doesn't even phase me anymore. In terms of the splurge meal - I get nervous with this. If I do it - it is just one meal and it is typically lunch. The earlier in the day you have it, the better. And be smart about it. I eat slowly and I listen to my body when it tells me I'm full and that it's ok to push the plate away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. good luck on your weight loss! sounds like you're doing great :)
    p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.