Monday, October 15

california waiting.

 I can't believe I am leaving in a week from tomorrow. Well technically I'm leaving in a week but I don't fly out until Tuesday morning. It's crazy and exciting..and crazy. I get really insane before I travel - anxiety must do it. I cry and I change my mind and it's super stressful. I never back out and I never regret not backing out but there's just something about leaving my comfort zone that sets me a bit crazy. I have to give myself credit.. at least I'm leaving the comfort zone.

Jessica, who writes at Fantastically Average, started a new series that I really dig. It's called 5 For Five and basically it's about setting goals for the week and being accountable by writing about them. I figured this was right up my alley this week as I prepare for my trip and it would be a great way to set some goals while traveling and what not. So I decided to link up and I think I will continue to do so while in California.

5 for Five Week 1

1. Start packing for my trip so that I can ....
2.Finish packing for my trip. I know a week is pretty well in advance but this is ME we are talking about..if I don't start soon I will be doing it in the middle of the night before I get on the ferry. For real.
3.. Sort through my make up and beauty products and decide what is nessacary to take. Yes, I take make up when I travel and I try to only take basics but cmon... I do what I want. 
4. Pamper. I know - it sounds odd to do before a trip, I will explain later though. I need my hair died and cut, my eyebrows waxed and a pedicure. After waitressing barefoot in nasty flats all summer my feet are disgusting and smelly. I have bought new shoes but won't wear them until I get these tainted feet fixed up. I need to book these appointments
5. Try not to totally lose my mind.

Pretty easy list. If I can't do these 5 things then I have issues. I can't promise I won't lose my mind though..I may have already lost it. I am excited for my trip though.. this week is just hectic and high anxiety.

What do you guys do to prepare for a trip? Do you get the crazies or is it just me?

Big Love,
Bailey

13 comments:

  1. Ooh! What are you going for? Traveling makes me anxious too, but once the logistical stuff is over with- it's the best! Happy traveling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a pleasure trip mostly :) and yes, you are right, once you are past all that stuff its awesome!

      Delete
  2. Great list! Thanks so much for linking up!! I hope you meet all five goals, and have an AMAZING trip! I'm excited to see how you did next Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great goals! I'm so glad that you linked up for 5 for 5! These sound like fun goals, too :) Have a fantastic trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun in Cali...you will love it :) Fab blog! I'm a new GFC follower :)
    xo
    www.domesticsweetheart.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i think i will love it too :)

      Delete
  5. I've been so utterly behind on my bloggin game lately. I'm so out of the loop. This makes me sad. Take me to California with you please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! New follower from The Daily Tay and the sponsorships. You had to be pretty great to be sponsoring her too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah :) I'm not sure if I'm great but I'm working on it. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. OMG this sounds exactly like me. I started packing 2 weeks before I came back to DK this time, and no joke, was shoving things in my suitcase at 245 the day I left on the 3 o'clock boat. I also pamper up...manis and pedis, hair cuts and a dye job, new clothes and shoes etc. And I always try and sort through my makeup to bring only the necessities and in the end, my makeup bag takes up at least 1/3 of the alloted baggage allowance. I'm thinking getting the pre travel crazies is totally normal. Maybe because it is such an investment time/financial/leaving your comfy zone wise, but it is soooo worth it. Have fun on your trip. California is on my list, so I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you completed all these items on your list yet? Have an amazing time and take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.