Sunday, October 7

im not american.

The majority of bloggers (that I follow) are American. Many of the blogs I read are about a lot of American things -restaurants, cities, holidays and people. I, as most of you know, am Canadian and Canada and the US have a lot in common so I blog about a lot of the same things. It seems as though sometimes the blog world is plastered with the same post about Christmas, Valentines Day, Fall, Pumpkin Spice Lattes or New Years Eve. The one privilege I do have as a Canadian blogger is writing about the real thanksgiving - Canadian Thanksgiving!

In November when American Thanksgiving hits there will be a zillion posts about being thankful and turkey but because I'm Canadian and we celebrate on the real day, I get to beat everyone to the punch and write a thanksgiving post first! (Yes, I actually get joy from this) Well, not just me, but all Canadian bloggers, which it seems there are way fewer of. (Shout outs to Georgia and Jenny who are both Canadian and both from NB!)

I like to think of myself as a pretty gracious person and I really dislike entitlement and when people refuse to acknowledge and appreciate all the amazing blessings in their lives. I have written numerous posts about all the things/people I'm extremely  thankful for in  my Too Blessed To be Stressed post, my Supporter post, my post about island life and other posts where I write about that which Im blessed with because I am truly blessed - I really really am. My life is not perfect, and I am not perfect either - I can be selfish and ungrateful- but I don't like to waste time forgetting how awesome life is because you  wanna know how quick everything you have can be taken away from you? Pretty fucking quick.

Today I'm thankful not only for turkey but for always having food (and healthy food!) when I need it.
Today I'm thankful to have parents who have never let me down.
Today I'm thankful for not only my health but my friends and families health.
Today I'm thankful for employment and financial comfort.
Today I'm thankful I was raised to be a hard worker and a dependable employee.
Today I'm thankful for my education. I'm thankful for the opportunity for more. 
Today I'm thankful for honest friends who give me reality checks when I need them.
Today I'm thankful to have a decent head on my shoulders.
Today I'm thankful for accepting and understanding friends.
Today I'm thankful for long chats about life. 
Today I'm thankful for travel opportunity.
Today I'm thankful for being able to laugh my ass off with good friends.
Today I'm thankful for the wonderful weight  loss community on My Fitness Pal
Today I'm thankful for the wonderful blogging community.

& on a final note - because I am so thankful for this blogging community I have the Reader Apprecation Giveaway going on until next weekend so make sure to enter - it's a decent giveaway!

What are you thankful for today whether you are in Canada or abroad? 

Big Love & Happy Thanksgiving,
Bailey

PS. I don't actually consider Canadian Thanksgiving the real day it's just the term I use with Thanksgiving or when we use Celsius. Its the "real" measurement, people. I'm just being an idiot.

someecards.com - Given the amount of food I plan to gorge on this 
year, I'm not confident in the integrity of this chair's construction.



pps. im gonna eat so much fucking food tonight.

14 comments:

  1. Bailey I dearly love reading your blogs.
    The Thanksgiving blog is especially a lovely one.
    We all have so much to be thankful of and it is great to see you appreciate not only the big things in life but the small things as well.
    You are wise beyond your years:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy!!!
    Your thankfulness list is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving. I follow several Canadian bloggers so they're always educating me about your country and its holidays. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This morning I was wondering why there were so many Canadians shopping here in Maine and then I remembered it was thanksgiving for them! Happy thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're from Maine? So fun - we're neighbors. I live so close to Maine! I'm headed there in two weeks! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. I had no idea your were in Canada! It's so gorgeous there.
    Xo Megan

    ReplyDelete
  7. loved the post!

    xo

    blog: www.aroundlucia.com
    shop: www.shoplumo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay happy Canadian Thanksgiving! It is always important we recognize what we're thankful for and I think all of us bloggers have lots to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello to a fellow Canadian blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, the card is funny. Happy belated Canadian Thanksgiving to you and Happy early American Thanksgiving, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am quite behind on your blogs, clearly, but this post just made me want Thanksgiving dinner again. Thanks a lot. Clearly you didn't realize I don't have an oven, and turkeys are hard to come by here in Denmark haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.