Sunday, November 4

Got a Sec?

Happy Sunday Guys! How is everything going? I miss you guys, I need to write more! I just wanted to quickly ask for some help from my awesome readers on this beautiful sunday.

Source: luls4.me via matt on Pinterest


Since I was in High School I've had a special place in my heart for the Food Bank on my small island of Grand Manan. The group who run it are so amazing (including my awesome grand mother) and work so hard to keep it not only running smoothly but stocked up to help families on the island in need. My mother works for Scotia Bank and they do an amazing fund raiser for the food bank every year. I love when they announce the money they have raised and go do a HUGE food haul at the local Save Easy. It's crazy awesome how much food they get. It just makes your heart feel full stocking up the small room with what you know could mean so much to a family. I may or may not cry when I help out.

During a big haul I asked "this must last forever, how long before they will need more donations?". I was shocked at how fast they run through that enormous amount of food. They really do need constant donations it seems to have a steady flow of food to feed the families who need help. I live in a very small community so I can't even imagine how much it takes to keep a food bank in a larger town up and running.

I'm not asking you to donate, but if you did that would be amazing. What I'm asking for is a simple "online donation" by the use of your name and email that doesn't come from your pocket. Kraft runs a program called Kraft Food for Families where you simply act like you are donating and instead THEY donate. It's a small donation but I have seen over the past 24 hours how it adds up with the help of people like you.
Yesterday I found out about this project, went online and "donated"  and the total for our Foodbank was $4.00. Today I went again (because you can go every day which is awesome!) and it was already up to 112$ which is wicked!

So why my foodbank? Well, if you see another Food Bank you would rather donate to then by all means, do it! All food banks are in need of donations. I'm asking for mine because I have seen first hand all the work they do. I know we need it and it would mean the world to not just me but the community and especially the ladies who keep that place going to see a large donation go their way, especially with Christmas coming up so quickly! Also, there is a chance for a foodbank to get an extra 5000$ if it has the most names on it's list. This would be so insanely amazing!

All you have to do is go HERE enter your name and email and continue in the steps to donating. When it asks for location (assuming you wish to help out the Grand Manan food bank) we are under Action Ministries of Grand Manan. It  will seem as though it's asking you to donate money which I promise you it doesn't. I was like "hey! this is sneaky" and I just planned to donate anyway but then it does it for you. Like I said, it's a small donation but it totally adds up.

To those of you who actually do this, thank you so much. I appreciate it, the Action Ministries appreciates it, and the people who use the food bank most definitely appreciate it. You can vote up until Dec.31st and whether you do it every day or just once, it's awesome of you.

Once again, thanks so much!
Big Love,
Bailey


5 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome project! I bookmarked the site so I can continue to donate to your food bank until the deadline! I'm going to do some research and see if they have the same campaign in the states!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's such a cool project and so simple to be a part of. I hope you can find something!

      Delete
  2. Hey Bailey! I was assigned to you through the ornament swap! Send me your mailing address so that I can mail out your ornament! I look forward to getting to know you! Your weight loss story is great! I'm on a weight loss journey myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried posting from my phone, but it wouldn't let me. If you have more than 1 email address you can donate using all of them :) I have 3 so that's $1.50 a day from me.....

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.