Sunday, December 23

a year for the books.


I'm not sure how I feel about 2012. Sometimes I feel like I did nothing, sometimes I feel like I did everything. It's a battle : do I feel sad about the fact that I'm ending the year with no plan, no education and no job or do I feel happy about all the new experiences, travels, adventures, fun and personal growth of 2012? Like many situations in my life right now I feel torn between opposing emotions and how I'm suppose to feel. Let's look back.

January:

  • An uneventful NYE spent on Grand Manan. Never a good idea.
  • A road trip to Prince Edward Island w/ Madeleine to see Tamara.
  • I started in on my first real relationship!
NYE w/ Maddy

February:
  • Being Bailey J got a facebook page
  • I had my first Valentines Day in a relationship. It was shit - I was keeping the relationship a secret, he was 5500mi away and he forgot to say Happy Valentines Day. Oh well!
  • I put in my two weeks (that turned into 4) notice at Harbour Gifts 
  • I decided to up and move to Truro, Nova Scotia 
  • I hit my lowest recorded weight at the time - 211lbs
  • I gave up sugar for lent - ERMAGERD - difficult!
An after pic when mom and I had lostover 70lbs altogether.

March:
  • I made the move to Truro - my first move all by myself.
  • I had my first experiences paying for rent and looking for a job in a town other than home.
  • KONY 2012 came out and rocked my world.
April:
  • I finally was able to eat sugar again. Seriously big deal.
  • Took my first trip to Halifax
  • Spent a week in Cuba with Court
  • Landed a job at Chapters

Court and I in Cuba

May:
  • I decided to move back to Grand Manan (because staying somewhere for more than 2 months would cramp my style)
  • I was hired at Gallaways Restaurant
  • I turned 21
my 21st birthday party.


June:
  • "Swag Dubs" - when my friends and I chartered a flight just to be able to go party somewhere else.. 25 minutes after the ferry left.
  • The start of my summer of hardcore working.


July:
  • Work workity work!
  • A road trip to Fredericton for Als birthday with the ladies
  • The Big Small fam comes for a visit! 
August:
  • Even more work! I had 3 jobs and I was housesitting on the side.
  • Social life? What social life?
  • There was that one time I went to a party.... should've just stayed home judging by that barrel of vodka.



September :

  • Heartbreak. I found out Mark cheated on me. I know, I never wrote about that here except to say I was going through a hard time. Mark was still a secret but it was definitely hard. One of the hardest things I've ever had to heal from.
  • I bought my ticket to Sacremento after the Universe told me to go when I found the cheapest ticket ever.
  • Spent a fun weekend in Fredericton w/ my awesome friends for the First Class Bash.
  • Maddy and I at FCB

    

October:
  • I quit my job at Gallaways
  • Went to the Tila Tequila "concert" with my biffs as a leaving party.
  • Flew to California to meet my internet boyfriend.
  • Met my Internet boyfriend and fell back in love.
  • Began a sort of life in West Sacramento, California
  • Tried Sushi for the first time.
Maddy, al and I with Tila Tequila. RIDIC.
November:
  • Faced my first relationship woes. Real life ain't easy either.
  • Lost my virginity (another fun fact I haven't told you guys! You will deff get a post about this, dont you worry!)
  • Flew to San Diego
  • Tried Taco Bell, In-n-Out, Wienerschniztel! Mmmmm!
  • Visited Target for the first time - awesome!!



December:
Took a weekend trip to Mexico w/ Martha
Went out in Tijuana and Ensanada - holy fun.
Faced my first real break up (which didn't end up happening.. love is cwazy.)
Said the hardest goodbye I've ever said.
Came home for Christmas

And now it's Christmas! And it's a jolly one! As I type, my family is on their way here, just getting off the ferry actually. We are all together for the first time in 7 years and I am just so ecstatic. I am missing my moo but we are doing well - I am very in love but unsure where our relationship is headed.

It's been quite the year - from quitting my job, moving to truro, coming home, moving ot Sacremento for a guy I'd never met to struggling with some really heavy issues... 2012 was definiely interesting and I expect 2013 to be as well but more in a positive way. I plan to lose the rest of this weight, have a better relationship with myself and with Mark as well. Hopefully I will figure out a bit of my shit along the way as well.

For now I'm going to enjoy my holiday with my family and friends. This is what it's all about.

Happy Holidays +Merry Christmas to you guys - I love you all so much and have appreciated the love and support you have given me this year.. it's unbelievable. I'll be talking with you soon.

Big Love,
Bailey.



10 comments:

  1. What a great post!! :)

    If you have time, please come by and check out my blog! And maybe follow?

    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a amazing year! So much personal growth and adventure!
    Love it.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Bailey! You've had one busy year, but there's always 2013 to cause some more mischief ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Bailey! I love ya, girl, and um, you're FEARLESSNESS about putting your personal shit out there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an eventful year!!!

    Happy New Year!

    Tasia
    http://tasiatalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lovely, I'm your new follower from Blog Hop.
    Love your awesome blog. Feel free to check out & follow my blog @ www.revampspunkyrena.com
    xoxo
    Rena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun year! Hope your 2013 is even better!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi great post. I found you through the blog hop. Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.