Monday, December 31

out with the old, in with the new.

Last year my resolutions were as follows :

Reach goal weight
Get Into Better Shape
Run More
Build confidence/Self Love
Write often.
Travel
Move Off The Island
Look into Post Secondary Education

The things I accomplished were in red - I did get into better shape and run more but I also got out of shape again and ran never by the end of the year. Good job Bail. I lost a bit of weight but have now gained back half my weight so that fucking sucks but 2013 is my year people. FO RILL. I managed to move off the island, not once, but twice, I wrote often and I traveled to two new countries : Cuba and Mexico. As far as loving myself and building confidence, I think I worked on things but I have a long ways to go. Same for Post Secondary to be honest - I toyed with it but no real commitments.

I also completed some of my 30 before 30 goals this year! I had a serious relationship, I lost my virginity, I traveled 2 new countries (I'm 9/30), I flew first class, wore a bikini and I have read 26 of the 150 books I want to read before I turn 30 - sweet!

I'm going to link up with Jessica at Fantastically Average for her weekly Link up 5 for 5 (it is all about setting goals) for this weeks special edition called 5 for 2013 - my five main goals for the coming year. I'm totally with people who say resolutions are bogus but it's great to have drive and determinaton to complete something or achieve something and everyone should at least set the goals. The fact that I accomplished any of my 2012 resolutions strikes me as amazing!


1. I want to figure my shit out. For real. I mean.. not my life but I would love to decide some sort of career path I'm at least interested in and take some steps towards doing what I need to do to get to that point. I'm just SO pathless it's scary.
2. Get my health back on track - get back into shape, eat cleanly and get to goal. I would like to be at goal by the end of the year but even 75% of the way would be amazing.
3. Work in my relationship with myself and my relationship with Mark. I believe that by improving either, it helps improve the other.
4. I would love to get published in some small way this year. I know thats shooting high and I was liek "whoa, im getting ahead of myself" but.. it's okay to not achieve the goal. Its not okay to not even try. So I'm adding it to the list.
5. I want to cross the pond this year. I've never traveled anywhere outside of the americas and it's about that time!

What's your biggest resolution this year? Let me know! :)

Happy New Years, guys! It's gonna be a good one - I just know it.
Big Love,
Bailey

6 comments:

  1. I definitely hope you get to cross the pond! And getting published is a great goal, I might need to add that to my list. Best wishes to a new year! My resolutions so far are lame: focus more at work, lose weight, stretch, blah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up with us for 5 for Five! I think you have some fantastic resolutions....I'm with you on a lot of them! I SERIOUSLY need to get my health back on track- that's non-negotiable. I love the goal of getting published- that's so awesome.

    Here's to a great 2013! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bailey, I love your goals for 2013! Especially "I want to figure my shit out." Haha, this is SO me! I have been directionless for awhile and it's really starting to bug me.

    Anyway, hope you have a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on hitting the majority of 2012 goals. You've had quite an adventurous year! Good luck for 2013, it's going to be a great year for you judging by your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stumbled upon your blog. Love your blog!
    New follower! Follow me back via GFC too??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am certain that you will reach your goal to be published, as well as the others! It's not shooting high- you have tons of followers! It would not be a long shot!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.