Friday, February 1

lady to lady.

Serious lady question about to hit ya'll. I thought about posting it to my blogs facebook page but I guess I almost felt it was too personal. I know that's weird, because now I'm taking it to an even bigger audience but it's just different. I'm weird. Plus, I have a large audience of awesome, intelligent woman who I'm hoping can help me out.

You can either comment here or email me on my FB page - whatever works - but I need some help. I have taken birth control before, and never noticed it much, but this time around (I restarted after a month and a half beak) I felt instantly depressed. I started my new package sunday and I am practically bed ridden with emotion right now.

 It's not pms, it's not my period, and it hit me the past few days so I'm guessing that's what it is. I have just been laying in my bed crying and sleeping for way too long and I don't know where this came from. I feel so depressed and hopeless. It's not me. I'm not the happiest person in the world but it's never hit me like this. Everything anyone say smakes me cry and everything I say makes me cry.. it's almost funny and I can usually laugh at myself but I can't even do that. What is up with me?

Has anyone ever had this problem? I always have insane amounts of emotions during pms, sometimes for 2 weeks, but this is weird.. I feel like I can't do anything about it either because I need to be on BC -I head back to Marks in March and obviously I want to have sex. So lady to lady - what do you guys think I should do? Do you think it's probably my birth control? Where do I go from here?

I really need some advice. I'm on Tricyclen Lo just for anyone interested. When I research it pretty much tells me I'm out of luck - that all birth controls can do this. I just don't know how long it will last and I'm not down with just waiting to see if I'll ever feel motivate to get out of bed again. This is so not cool.

Sincerely and with Big Love,
Bailey

14 comments:

  1. You should talk to your doctor. I don't have the emotions issue but after awhile on a birth control it starts to give me horrible stomach aches or I throw it up. I am on the Nuva Ring now and I only get the tummy ache the first day and then I am fine the rest of the 3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk to your Dr. about a lower dose pill, or alternate BC methods. This one causing your hormone levels to go way out of balance, it seems to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was taking tricyclen lo too. no word of a lie that shit made half my hair fall out made my face break out non stop made my skin dry and turn to flakes AND I happen to get two colds sores back to back during the two months I was on it. anywsy back to no birth control for me! I think anything that makes u that sad isn't worth it and u should stop taking it. try a different method?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get a new pill! They all say they have the same side effects, but how you react to each brand is different. Took me a few tries to find the right one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talking to your Dr is the best thing. And with birth control, you may need to try a few until you find one that truly works for you, your body, and your hormones.

    I hope you get out of your "funk" ASAP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely talk to your dr. I'm on Necon which has 3 weeks of the same color pill. This means that the hormone levels are all the same for the first 3 weeks of your cycle, and ONLY the fourth week changes. This works for me, and I still have emotional things & cravings. It's also cleared up my skin a lot, but you don't have the kind of acne problems I do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. let me second the NuvaRing. BEST THING EVER!!! Seriously I even have an app on my phone that tells me when to take my ring out and put a new one in. I don't have to worry about taking a pill everyday and well with the app it's pretty easy it sends an alert to my phone telling me to take it out and put it in. PRETTY AWESOME!! I have never had any issues with it but I was the same way as you are on the pill about a week before and the week of my period i was a freaking basket case I was just not able to be reasoned with and dealt with it wasn't pretty and like you I knew that I was being that way I just couldn't stop it. I would say try the nuva ring.. best thing that ever happened to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can say i never had those side effect. But i would def see if you can switch to a different pill.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should really not stop/start BC pills if you can help it. It can cause symptoms like this, messing with your hormones. Maybe talk to your DR about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Call your doc! There are so many pills, you can try another. I was on pills for almost 20 yrs (yes I'm old haha!) and never had very many side effects (at least that I noticed) so there it probably a pill that's right for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should absolutely speak to your doctor about this and see what they suggest. I imagine they will start by changing your birth control pill. You may need a lower dose of estrogen or progesterone. It could be a super simple fix so I would see your doctor as soon as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Talk to your doctor. I have no idea about the depression stuff, I usually have this sort of thing for a few days, but a couple weeks? ask him about it. Also, ask about non-pill bc. I was on the pill shit for YEARS. I've been off for over 2 years and my body is finally starting to regulate. The fiance and i have been trying to get pregnant for 7 months, and still no luck. My point- obviously you don't want to get pregnant now, but one day you will, and certain birth controls can make this more difficult (or so i've read). Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So I switched to Lo Loestrin Fe, for thos EXACT same reasons. It has the lowest dosage of hormones and I feel like regular me using it. No added cravings, no mood swings, none of that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with those who suggested talking to your doctor. I've been on BC since I was 16 (initially to mellow my depression, ironically enough), and I've tried a lot of different kinds. Some made me emotional, others mellowed me out, some gave me raging acne, others made my skin clear up, etc. It's really what works for you. I take Portia which is a generic brand, but it works for me. Your doctor may want to switch things up or prescribe a different dosage. Hope you start feeling better soon, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.