Tuesday, March 12

ducks and other highlights.

Hey guys! Have you all given up on me? It's been a week since my last post, I know. The last post was a lot to take in though - you needed a break right??.... right? aha. I know, I'm making excuses, but I promise to try to be better around this here blog o' mine. I get a little blogstipated when I come to California and I have some clues as to why and when I'm ready, I'll share more of that with you. But for now I'm gonna let you in one what's been up.

As most of you know from this post, I arrived here in West Sac last Monday night to surprise Mark a week and a half early. Most of the last week was spent cleaning. I cannot believe how messy this man is. I've been unpacking, organizing and trying to make a comfortable living space for us both this past week. It is hard to just fall into a life here, especially since we struggle as a couple at times, so for me it takes baby steps to get comfortable.

Last week Mark and I went to Target and I bought a bike. I'm glad I bought it because it's a fun way to get some activity in and Mark has an unhealthy obsession with his bike so it's something we can do together. On our first day as a biking couple we bought some bread and headed to a duck pond - we have way too much fun at duck ponds. I was overly excited about the greediest duck of them all eating right out of my hand. I was one with nature - check out me and my duckfriends.


& we also made a friend with this lady who comes almost every day to feed the ducks and has since she was a little girl. I love that! She just brings them her crushed up bread after it goes bad. She says she tries to get them all fed.. I just loved her. She was a firecracker! 



Other activities included buying a new phone, (yay I have a number - message me on fb if you would like to have it), stocking up on groceries and reactivating my account and heading back to 24 hour fitness. I had a total NSV at 24 hour fitness as well. I wrote this on my blogs Facebook Account yesterday with the following picture.



"Some people might find this hard to believe but I have a bit of social anxiety, especially when i alone. Whenever I go to my gym in Sacramento (24 hr fitness) I get SO nervous! I seriously fear anyone looking at me and figuring out how lost I am. I make a bee line for the first free piece of cardio equipment I see and I stick to it. This would be fine if I didn't love lifting.. I just can't get the nerve up to go near people and use the weights or use the weight/resistance machines etc. Well, today I was brave! I tried a new cardio machine I was nervous to try and I lifted some free weights. You may not realize how big this is for me but it's a baby step towards getting more comfortable at the gym which I need to do. So yay me!! lol My workout today helped me clear my head and I'm going to start working on a new post asap :)"

I know some of you are probably thinking "man the fuck up" but it was a big deal for me. I'm headed back today and hopefully will feel brave again. I'm going to continue training for a 5k (and eventually 10 in hopes of running one this summer) because I find running does great things for my weight loss and my body in general so today will be running and maybe if I get brave I'll go near the weights section. 

Other than that I've just been trying to adapt to being back at Marks. We have a lot to work on because as I wrote here, we weren't going to stay together after my last visit. For me, our relationship was unfinished and I knew I needed to come back and we love each other and wanted to give it another chance, Mark felt the same, so here I am. If you want my honesty : I don't know what's going to happen but that's why I'm here. 




Last but not least I've been trying to cook. I made a chicken curry that I was pretty impressed with considering my past in cooking and tonight I made Blackened Salmon w/ Sweet Potatos+Mushrooms with Thyme. You can find the Salmon recipe HERE and the veggie recipe HERE

The verdict? Well, I messed it up at first by burning the sweet potato. It was the exact time on the temp suggest but I think I went wrong when cutting the sweet potato - they weren't big enough pieces so they cooked much quicker. Still yummy though. The mushrooms were great (you add them in later) and so tasty. I will try this recipe again for sure but I will try to do better next time. 

The salmon was amazing. It was cooked to perfection unlike the veggies and it was spicy (there's cayenne) which was different for this Grand Mananer - we don't eat spicy food and we definitely don't cook our fish spicy (anywhere I've eaten it). Since I LOVE hot, spicy food, the salmon was a fun and delicious recipe for me. I will be making this again for sure.

You may be wondering where I got proper salmon in Sacramento if you're an islander lol. I don't know about the rest of GM'ers but I'm a fish snob! I'm not down with packaged frozen seafood form God knows where - especially of the lobster and crab variety - but I found a brand at Walmart that I was willing to try (mostly because the packaging was convincing and it was on sale.) I was very pleased with it, will buy it again when it comes on sale. Some of my seafood snobbery melted away with this experience! I will still never buy anything but fresh lobster though. Seafood snob.

So this is what I've been up to lately! What have you guys been up to lately? If you are form GM, or anywhere really, are you a seafood snob? Are you a snob about other types of food? Let me know! I can't be the only one! 

Big Love,
Bailey



PS. Stop back tomorrow as I'll be back with a Weigh In Wednesday after my two week hiatus. 












1 comment:

  1. That's great y'all can bike together! I love my bike here, unfortunately been too cold these last two months so the poor thing is just rusting outside :(

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.