Tuesday, April 16

I Did It!

I've been talking about it for a few months and I finally did it - I'm officially a weight watcher. I talked about it as I toyed with the idea earlier this year. I planned on joining when I was in Sac with Mark but...obviously that didn't work out. I hadn't really thought about it at all since arriving home but this week I thought - why not?

Nothing I have been doing is working. Will WW work for me? I'm not sure. It works for so many, it has worked for me before (back when I was in HS I lost 40lbs using ww) but I feel nervous about doing it online as the in person weigh in and meeting were important to me back then. I figure there isn't much to lose though (besides the fees and some weight) and I should go for it. Maybe paying will encourage me to keep on track? I track my food anyway - I'm giving it a go.

I feel really good about the decision and I'm feeling positive. I start tomorrow (or today, I guess as it is 1am) and I'm ready to rock and roll. It will probably take me some time to get used to the new points plus system and watching my points plus instead of calories like I have been doing for a couple years but I'm going into it with a good attitude. I know I can do this and I know I can be successful so it's time to prove myself right.


My question for those of you who do weight watchers : do you ALWAYS eat your extra allowance? Do you eat your exercise calories? I think I will probably skip the ladder but use my allowance calories/points. Do you have someone weigh you in if you only do it online to keep you accountable? I've been thinking about doing that. Let me know :)

Big Love,
Bailey J

PS. I've been thinking about putting together a biggest loser competition in my community - pay 25$, 8 -12 weeks, goes by body percentage so people can join at different points in their journey and still have a fair chance. If you live here and are interested - please let me know. I wouldn't organize it unless I had a solid commitment from a certain amount of people. :)


17 comments:

  1. Weight Watchers is THE BEST...for me that is...always has been...always has worked...all you have to do is follow it and stay focused. I know you can do it! Love you XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bailey, great fo you getting on the WW track, i need to get off my fat ass and back on it to hahaha. When I did it last year I found that if I ate all/most of the allowance point I didn't loose any, just maintain, but that was just me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! I think that if you are already disciplined enough to log the calories like you have, this will come naturally.
    I am excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited for you and I know you will rock it.
    I can't speak to the eating back of activity/exercise points since I have never done WW, but I would NOT eat them back since those extra points are what is creating your deficit. You need that to lose.
    But again, I am not a WW person.
    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bailey you should set up a meeting for people that want to do ww but can meet up to get weighed once a week so we're accountable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you joined! I love doing WW online. I had a lot of succes with it before. The thing about the weigh in is, you're only lying to yourself if you don't do it honestly. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't do WW but i track my calories. i never ate my exercise calories back either. good luck; WW is a good program.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE WW!!!! Some weeks I use all of my extra points some weeks I don't and we have talked in our meetings before that sometimes people use their extra points and lose more then those who dont. They are there for you to do whatever you want so feel free to eat or not eat. I tend to try to not tap into my activity points.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been off track for a couple of weeks, so maybe I'm not the best to give advice, but I do really love weight watchers, the online is so easy to keep track of everything. Having said that, I do go to meetings, and I find that as lame as they can be sometimes, (handing out stickers) I do think they keep me accountable....if you did a biggest loser competition, that would work the same way. As for eating points, you bet I eat them all!! I personally think you should, but it's a personal preference....you could always not, then if you find you arent' losing, try it (yes, I've seen people not eat ENOUGH, and not lose!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. newest follower from the link up your story is so inspiring cannot wait to follow you along your journey

    http://sheerserendipity28.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. good luck with WW! I had some success with it, but found counting my calories just as effective and free! I hope it's the motivation you need though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting, good luck with WW. A lot of people are very successful with that program, you got this girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always had success with WW. I recently stopped my subscription with it because I'm starting school and I need to save the extra money, otherwise I love it :) I almost always had to eat my extra points to lose weight, especially since I was adding so many activity points, but everyone is different.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with WW! You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you have success with WW! I did it for a while and had good luck with it. Sometimes I ate back my extra points, sometimes I didn't... I tried to not use them but if I did, I didn't stress over it. Can't wait to see how your first week goes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey there! Here from the Blog Hop! Just wanted to let you know I'm following you via GFC! Hope you'll get a chance to visit me :o) You can find me here:

    Blog url
    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    Bloglovin'
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3718883

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had success with WW a long while back. I still pay for it but I have to get off my butt and commit to it. It's easy to track though. Good luck! Thanks for linking up with the Coffee Talk Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.