Friday, May 10

Advocare Update : Day 5

Five days ago I started the Advocare Cleanse. I am doing the 24 day cleanse with my blog friend Meredith from Is This Thing On? I've been writing about it a bit this week but wanted to give you guys an update of my experience so far now that I've had a few days and used all the products you take for the first 10 day cleansing portion.

I wrote on Monday about how it went taking the fiber drink - picture included. Check THIS post out to see my reaction- not so cute. The next few days of taking the fiber drink were smooth sailing though. I drank it asap after mixing it and it wasn't delicious but it was easy to drink. My disappointment for days 1-3 was that I wasn't going number 2. Now for those of you who have been around a while, you know I talk about poop a lot so you're used to it. For the new ones, a bit nervous about this topic, bare with me - it's all a part of life lol.

So as I said - I was hoping for some "relief" in that area during the cleanse since I have been eating SO good, drinking tons of water and taking the supplements and fiber drink. I was disappointed but not for long - then day 4 came. On Day 4 you stop taking the fibre cleanse for a few days in the  morning and instead take 2 probiotic capsules and holy shit, pun intended, that must've been the freakin' key. I went and I went and I'm still going on day 5. They were not kidding about the words "Detox" and "Cleanse" because those babies are clearin it all out.



Since I started losing weight I've had a lot of trouble in this area. I've tried pills and drinks and drinking more water and fibre loading and lots of exercise. I still struggle with it but I am loving what this cleanse is doing for me. Once I finish I figure it will go back to the way it has been but for now I feel great!

And that is how I generally feel on this cleanse. I feel clean and healthy and so much more energy. I am such a sleeper - I can go to bed at midnight and sleep until almost noon the next day. I've been going to bed before midnight, anywhere from 10:30-11:30 and waking up by 9 or 10 each morning, ready to go. In fact, this morning I woke up at 5:30 wide ass awake - so not like me! My friends are probably gasping at this shit because seriously.. I can sleep for days.

As far as weight loss goes I haven't been on the scale in a few days. I feel so good and I haven't beens tressing about it. Because Im on weight watcher and actively trying to lose weight, of course I hope I lose this week, who wouldn't? But I am not expecting some drastic 9lb loss from the cleanse as I have read that the first 10 days are about detox, the last 14 are about weight loss. I've been doing so well with my eating and exercise though that I have to say, I'd be a little disappointed if I didn't at least lose the pound I gained last week.

So do I recommend it? So far, I don't see why not but I have barely started so I'll wait to sing Advocare praises for 19 more days. All I know is that so far I feel great and I'm mostly really impressed at how well I've done. No chocolate or chips or junk food in 5 days.. so not like me.

Have I cheated? Yes. I had a few french fries, some whole wheat crackers, 2 small veggie spring rolls and a cup of yogurt between 2 smoothies in the past 5 days. Those things aren't allowed but they aren't things I feel guilty about or that I'm going to fret about. I feel so great and I'm really proud of myself.



So there it is. An update on Advocare. :)

What do you guys think? Would you give it a try?
Also.. wait til you see my befores, they are so heinous. I really hope this a difference after because Im so embarrassed to post the befores!! AHH!

Big Love,
Bailey J


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience! My roommate and I area actually starting the 10 day one next week. I'm kind of freaking out and nervous because I've never done a cleanse like this before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I'm interested to see what happens, but 'm not sure I can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU WOKE UP AT 530... WHO ARE YOU

    diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! I'm glad you posted this! I googled to see if other people were having the lack of "relief" going on too. I'm on day 2 and thought the insane amount of fiber & supplements I'm taking would clear me out, I'm sadly mistaken. Guess I'll have to see what happens on day 4...

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.