Sunday, June 2

Advocare Cleanse Review

My Advocare 24 Day Cleanse with Meredith ended a few days ago. The weather has been awesome so I've been neglecting my blog to enjoy it - sue me. I knew I better get the final review up quick though so here it is!

Overall I'd say the Advocare Cleanse was the perfect cleanse for me. I've talked often about how I don't like fad diets or cleanses or miracle pills because I know that 99.9% of the time they don't work or if they do work, you gain the weight back sooner than later. I expressed interest in Shakeology only because you can still eat and it's more a nutrition thing. I would be willing to try cleanses or supplments to ENHANCE my fitness and weight loss but I would never depend on a shake or a pill to lose the weight. I have to depend on me to lose the weight.

When Meredith first offered me the opportunity to do a cleanse with her through Advocare I was skeptical. It was a hugely generous offer and I know it was genuine and came from the heart - she's such an awsesome lady. BUT - I didn't know much about Advocare and I didn't want to be like "oh cleanses and pills are shit" to my readers then do a cleanse I would normally not support. After doing some research though I felt about Advocare the way I do about shakeology and I was in.

On Advocare I was able to eat and no, I wasn't able to eat cake but I shouldnt be eating cake anyway. I was not limited to like half a cup of grapes and 2oz of chicken a day. I ate very clean on Advocare and I felt awesome - I want to eat that way generally. To me I was just maintaining a healthy diet, working my ass off at the gym and taking supplements to enhance the whole experience. I was still eating all my WW points most days, I was just using them for more nutritious foods. The results were great!

As far as energy levels and feeling good go - advocare was great for that. I was able to get up earlier and go all day and I felt so good. The exercise and healthy eating obviously helped with that but I definitely felt more energetic then I normally would - I'm a sleep in until noon then take a nap later kind of girl and there was no need for that on the cleanse. By the end my clothes felt more loose, I felt more rejuvenated and light and I was pooping regularly and ya'll know that is awesome news for this chick. I ended up with some good results and I'm sure those of you who are curious about advocare are interested in the results.

Starting Weight : 228.8
Final Weight : 221.6

In 24 days on the cleanse I lost 7.2lbs - not too shabby! I lot 6 inches through my midsection which I am TOTALLY fine with! I do have some before / afters which I am hesitant to post because I really don't enjoy my body right now but I see a few differences and maybe you will too! Warning : these pictures are not nice and NSFW. It aint pretty.



So there's that. Anyone jealous of my sweet collage making skills? lawlcatz.
I obviously still have a long road a head of me but it takes time to get there. I feel good and I know I need to keep this up. I have been misbehaving the last few days so I need to smarten up this week. I know I will see a gain tomorrow at weigh in, which sucks, but it's not from coming off advocare - it's from not eating well and skipping work outs. This week I'm going to have a really good week and not drink because it throws me off.

So would I recommend the cleanse to others? Yes, I really would. I think if you're going to do a cleanse it's the best way to go about it. I would do it again, in fact they recommend it every 3 months or so, so I may do it again at the end of the summer. Do I think it's right for everyone? Maybe not but you can also get add on thats cater to your specific goals and I think that's great. You should at least look into it if you are looking to do a cleanse. I don't think they ship to Canada which is in an issue for us Canadians (Meredith sent mine to me personally) but something could be worked out I'm sure.

Thanks to everyone for all the awesome support through out the cleanse. Sharing my experience on this blog helps push me so much more than if I didnt talk about it because the encouragement I receive is almost overwhelming (in an awesome way)!

Have you ever done a cleanse? What did you think? Would you recommend a different cleanse?

Big Love,
Bailey

18 comments:

  1. Wow! You can really see a difference! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to hear what's involved in this cleanse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! And I'm so impressed with your moxie for posting before and after pics. I'm way too scared to do that!

    I did the Advocare challenge in March and felt the same way you did - clean eating does wonders for your energy level! If you ever have anyone interested in trying the cleanse, I'd love for you to send them over to me. I became a distributor after the cleanse because I love the products so much!

    Keep it up, girl. You're doing great and I can't wait to see what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to hear more! Also what is the cost? The results are awesome and since I am already working my butt off at the gym I might be interested in adding this into the mix....
      My email is - mrskmg@hotmail.com

      Delete
    2. Hello! I emailed you tonight regarding the 24 Day Challenge but neglected to include the price. It runs $190.25 (plus tax/shipping) and that includes the fiber drinks, all the supplements you need, meal replacement shakes and Spark energy drinks. Hope to hear from you soon!

      Delete
  4. Nice! Keep it up woman! Losing weight is a painfully slow process but stick to it and you'll reach your goal :) It took me almost 2 years to lose 25 college lbs by sticking to the No "S" Diet. No snacks, no sweets, no seconds except on days that start with "S".

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can definitely see a difference, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job! I so would LOVE to do this cleanse...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops! Might have accidentally sent a comment on my old account but wasn't sure if it actually sent so i'll just repeat what I said.

    Ok. I can't remember what I said exactly BUT I just want to say well done for showing the comparison pictures because it shows just how great you've done in the 24 days and in the future you'll look back at these pictures and be so proud of yourself, and rightly so.

    It must've been tough to post pictures when you're not comfortable with your body so big respect and high fives heading your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! I am really impressed with your results! How can I get in contact with Meredith?

    Thanks!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those results are amazing!! I am so so glad that they worked incredibly for you. I am ecstatic that I could help to give you that boost! Keep up the amazing work girl. You have worked so hard and I know you will do awesome things!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look good girl! And honestly the biggest difference I see in those pictures is your confidence. It's like you are holding your head high! Be proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great results. I am on day 22. I liked the first 10 days and had great results, but not really lost anymore weight since then. Ready to be done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can really see a difference in your before and after! That is great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did an amazing job! That's a really healthy yet good chunk of weight to lose in that time period. I'm going to be giving advocare a try when I get back from my vaca so it was really interesting to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woohoo! Definitely a big difference in less than a month. Get it girl :)

    katie@thecarbmonster

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey guys ,

    I am a Advocare Advisor and what she just blogged about is VERY VERY true ... People have seen amazing results ... You dont nescesarily have to buy the Bundle hence the price is a bit pricey ... I can walk you every step of the way ... to contact me my number is #4079108985 or just to look around the website here is my link https://www.advocare.com/130913992/

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.