Monday, June 3

Why Being Nice Is Beneficial

I'm not sure how nice of a person I am or how good of a person I am.. or how anything of a person I am. I'm not totally sure how people see me or how the way I see myself correlates with others opinions. I do know how I wish to be thought of though and I definitely have things I strive for as a human being. At my best I do hope that someday people consider me a kind, generous, loving person and I would feel I lived a happy, full life if people had good things like that to say about me when I go.

Lately I've been trying to be a more thoughtful, giving and kind person. In a way this is selfish because doing things for other people makes me feel fuzzy and nice but if that does in fact sound selfish then whatever - I'm selfish. I've simply been making a more conscious effort to perform random acts of kindness and spread a little positive love to the world. This by no means is to say that I'm some sort of saint because I definitely am not - I still say mean things and act selfishly all the time but I truly am trying to be better.

I guess I just wanted to write about this because I think more people should try it. There are a lot of good people out there, and I'm not saying that there aren't, I just think we'd all feel a bit better if we tried going out of our way to do nice things. We all win when we're being awesome - there would be so much awesome energy flowing if we were all trying to be kind. I truly do believe you get what you give in this world and whether it's truly karma I feel I'm receiving lately, or it is just me consciously noticing when good things happen to me - I'll take it, thats great. I want to be conscious of the good things in my life!

You really do benefit from attempting to be a nicer person - there is always more we can do to make our world a better place. Unless you are all evil, doing something kind for someone will just make you feel good. I'm challenging you all to try it. :)


Big Love,
Bailey J

1 comment:

  1. I think I did it again by posting with my old account. Can you delete it please? This stupid phone is getting on my tits. :)

    You should read the book "Danny Wallace - Join Me" or do what I do and google it if you can't be arsed. Its all about a person who created a collective (aka a nice cult) and they do Random Acts of Kindness for people. Great, funny read. And that's coming from someone who hates reading! Anyway. You're a good person

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.