Wednesday, August 21

I'll Always Try [Weigh In Wednesday Link Up]


Weigh IN Wednesday


I woke up today and stepped on the scale for the first time in a few days. The last time I weighed in it was before my period started, I was up to 226 and I thought 'This is my period. Im not going to weigh in for a few days.' So today I got back on and I definitely was not ready for it. The stupid thing flashed 230. What the fuck?!

Normally I'd be really upset. I'd get this gross disgusting feeling in the pit of my stomach and I'd start to cry and maybe throw something. Instead, I rolled my eyes, got off the scale, went to the kitchen and got to work. I mixed up a fiber drink - something I used to do every single morning. I made a big glass of lemon water, grabbed a banana and sat down to write this post.

People use the excuse "I Don't Have Time" all the time and then people reply with "No, you don't make the time". I'm sure I could've made the time this summer to be healthier and get to the gym and blah blah blah but I didnt, and that's my fault but I really could not make it work.

To be honest, this summer has been pretty awful. I like my job, but in the past 3 months I've had one weekend off and my regular days off have been fleeting. Hanging out with friends was going for a drive late at night when we finished work or getting together after my Saturday shift, drinking and then not seeing each other til the next Saturday. Work was stressful and I dealt with it by eating. Working at a restaurant doesn't help - I had no self control.

I can make all the excuses I want, it doesn't matter, here I am and I have to deal with the weight I've gained (again for the millionth time) and go from there. I NEED to go back to logging with weight watchers - it works, even if it's a hassle when Im busy. If I can just make it through the next few busy weeks of work I will be thankful - then I can have a normal persons schedule most likely and make it to the gym more often.

Maybe this will work out..maybe it wont. But I gotta keep trying. I may spend my whole life trying but Im cool with that.

How is everyone else's week going? Link up for Weigh In Wednesday and let me know.


9 comments:

  1. Hi Bailey J. I know what you mean about work being stressful and all. It's normal. Have you tried Myfitnesspal? Perhaps logging your daily intake there will help keep you on track. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I know exact feeling.
    Iam with you dear Bailey, we got this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you recognize what needs to be done which is a step in the right direction. if you can't get to a gym, workout at home; you can get a fantastic workout at home and it doesn't have to be a long, drawn out workout either. i workout at home every day and my workouts are only 40mins long but i kill it the whole time (interval training).

    also, weight loss is 80% diet. i have a few friends at work who totally cleaned up their eating habits and dropped a ton of weight and didn't even work out once. all they did was cut out the fast food, sodas, junk, processed food...that's it. so if you can stick to clean eating, you're golden.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have the WW app on your phone to track everything on the go?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brush it off. I'm confident that you can do this. Getting back to the basics always helps me get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stress is a killer when you are trying to lose weight as is being around food that "sounds" good all the time. You can do this and you will do this because you want to! Shake off the summer and move forward!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Logging definitely works and I am right there with you - I need to start logging again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Logging with MFP has really and honestly been the ONLY thing that has worked for me. I have started and stopped so many, many times, but this time around it's been different. I have stuck it out even when I didnt want to and I'm down 50 pounds since Nov. I just started with one small thing and then kept adding more and more small goals that I knew I could accomplish and it ended up snowballing. I started with MFP logging for a week, then I added 30 minutes of exercise 3-4 times, then water all the time and eventually all of it sort of stuck with me. (((GOOD LUCK))) You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The worst part is probably working in a restaurant with all the temptations! I used to and had to leave it. As soon as I did, I lost almost 75 pounds! I was actually looking for a solution to skin tightening due to weight loss when I came across your blog! I would suggest you look for another job unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.