Monday, January 20

Event Of The Year : My 1st Ipsy Bag!

Hopefully it won't be the actual event of the year but since it's only January it's safe to say that FINALLY getting off the waiting list and receiving my first Ipsy bag was pretty damn exciting. For the few of you who don't know what ipsy is here is the jist : you pay 10$ a month and they send you 5 products in a free make up bag so you can test out new, nice products and maybe find some that you love. Some people think it's worth it some dont and so far I fall into the group of people who do.



I didn't receive anything I wasn't excited about so that makes me happy. I will add that I'm super easy to please though and products of any kind make me happy. I am not a make up or beauty blogger so my opinion of these products is super irrelevant but I'm still going to share them with you guys in case you want to try ipsy or try one of the products - you just never know!

1. Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow in Pearl - The color is lovely and looks so pretty on my waterline! It's good quality and I can see myself buying the full size product when my sample runs out.

2. Apothederm Bright Skin Serum - Warning : if you have a pimple or anything - this stuff will sting! I know that seems like a red flag but I have continued to use it because it's not particularly painful. The downside to this serum is that it is a weird texture - kind of sticky but you are suppose to apply moisturizer once the serum has been absorbed. Once you do its all good and my skin always feels super lovely after. I'm going to use it until I run out of the sample and see if I notice any difference in my skin. I've never used a product like this but I'll keep you updated if I think it's worth the 70 fucking dollars for the full size product. I'm not a good person for testing skin products as it's not my trouble area but I will let ya'll know!

3. (Malin+Goetz) Mojito Lip Balm - Really like this product and have noticed its effectiveness after just 3 days of use. The consistency is different but I like it - it has good staying power if you wanted to just use it as a sheer gloss and treat your lips at the same time.

4. Willa On The Go Face Towelettes - Nice smell and super gentle. They are hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic (whatever the fuck that means), oil-free (just what this chick needs) and have aloe and green tea - can't beat it. :)

5. Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner - I haven't used this yet but I was super excited to receive this! In the past year and a half I've been on a healthy hair journey after 2012's stress left me with clumps of my hair falling out - not cool. I haven't been dying my hair and have been trying to use healthy hair products so I've definitely had my eye on this line. I'm anxious to see how I feel about this leave in conditioner! If I like it I just might order some of their other products.

So as you can see I got some pretty decent products, not to mention the cute make up bag and it was only 10$. Plus the excitement of opening the package is priceless aha. I personally think it's totally worth it. Just so you know - in case you were totally unimpressed with my bag - you do a quiz that determines what kind of products you receive so everyones bag is different and based around your wants and needs. Pretty neato!

Do you subscribe for any bags like this? If so - which ones? Let me know!

Big Love,
Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.