Wednesday, February 26

my most superficial most ever. such fun!

I rarely do beauty posts but I got my 2nd glam bag this week and a make up store in town had a big 60% off closing sale so I felt like bragging sharing with you some of the awesome products I have accumulated this week as my wallet cries itself to sleep. My mother is going to slit my throat when she see's this but...oh well. Love you, Mom.

I'll get to the glam bag first! I've had a chance to try all the products from the last glam bag I reviewed which you can read here and my favorite product I received was the Leave In Conditioner by Healthy Sexy Hair. I've been trying to not brush my hair out after the shower and putting some of this in makes my hair not so wild when its time to brush it and gives it a nice texture. I also really love the make up removing tissues because Im a lazy bitch.

This month my bag was even more awesome! I just have to say.. it is the most exciting thing ever waiting for you bag to come then ripping it open and seeing your products. 10$ really is a small price to pay for all the excitement and fun of trying the new products. I am such a girly girl this way but I am not ashamed - it makes me so happy!

Here it is! First off - love the bag, its WAY cuter than last months and I'm a big lover of pink so it made me real happy. Let's get to the fun stuff - the products! 

1) Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser by First Aid. Anything that says its going to unclog my pores and make them less noticeable I buy so when this cleanser claimed to do so I was very happy to have received it in my glam bag. I have pores that are like craters in my face - hope this helps! 

2) Plump Pout by POP Beauty. I love me some lip products. Lip stick, lip gloss, lip plumper, lip liner, lip primer, lip moisturizer - you name it, I love it. In fact I took this picture of my lip products today as I was going through my make up and this is not even all of them. Not normal. 


Anyways. Needless to say - if they send me lip stuff I will approve and I totally do. They sent me the color Fuchsia Freesia and I love bright colors, especially for the weekend and I can't wait to wear this color out asap because it is SO fun!

3) Zoya Nail Polish in Odette. Bre receives Glam Bags too and though I haven't tried this color, she was wearing it today and I love it! Super pretty color :) I totally need to paint my nails.. like last week. 

4) Falsies by J. Cat. Fake lashes - enough said. I LOVE fake lashes - I was so pumped. :)

5.) Eyetini Eye Cordial Shadow+Base in Spiced Rum. Honestly, I am not a big eyeshadow person. I love it, I just have weird eyes and Im never satisfied with the way it looks. But once in a while, after a few drinks, I decide I'l do my shadow that night and if I were going to - this would be a shade I would wear. Im not disappointed I received it but I have a million eye shadows and I use one like every 2 months so meh. But it IS super pretty! 

Pictured below are all the treats I found at the cosmetic store closing sale yesterday. Last Friday my rooommate came home with a ton of new make up and a smile on her face because she had just been t this sale. She said it was all awesome brands for 60% off with shelves of items that were $5 and $10. The broke make up lover in me squealed with joy! By the time Bre and I got there yesterday there wasn't much left but believe me - this was a GOOD thing for my wallet. 


All of the above came to $96. I know that seems like a lot to spend in a cosmetics store to people who don't go to cosmetics stores but it's really not but is IS a lot to spend when you are kinda broke. So yes, it was a baddy but I don't regret it all and when you hear what I saved.... guuuuurl. 

The first product is Bumble and Bumble's Hair Powder in Black. This stuff is like a dry shampoo that volumizes which is something I buy all the time because my hair is flat and fine and gets greasy super quickly and washing it too often just makes it worse. I have bought so many cheap, drug store dry shampoos that just do not do the trick and most leave my hair grey. Since this one is called Black I assume its for my dark ass hair and I cannot wait to try it out. 
Original Price : $43 Sale Price: $10

The 2nd product is a Go Gurl Eyelash Curler by Japonesque. I needed an eyelash curler and its for on the go which didn't really matter to me but now Im thinking its great because it will fit into a make up bag so much easier than a regular one. I figured I might as well by a nice one that Im getting for a better price and hope for the best. My lashes jut out straight and are a horror to curl so we'll see what happens with this baby! 
Original Price :$15 Sale Price:$9

The third product is a gorgeous blush by Vincent Longo that I love. I'm super into blush right now and still not mastering it but I'm trying my best. The shade is Dew Drop and it's so pretty and Im just so happy. I LOVE PRODUCTS. 
Original Price:$34 Sale Price: $5

4th is a lipstick by Besame in Chocolate Kiss - super pretty. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm a lipstick fiend (I had 6 in the store ready to buy until I caught myself.. I do NOT need 6 new lipsticks), and I couldn't resist this one. I wore it to work yesterday and its perfect for work because its super long lasting and also not too crazy haha. 
Original Price: $25 Sale Price: $5

Last but not least is the best shade ever of blush! It's called Instain (and it does stain.. its gonna take me a bit to master this stuff!) and it's in the shade Pinstripe and it's the best blush color I've ever found. I love darker berry colors and I was super pumped to find this and for so damn cheap!
Original Price: $26 Sale Price: $5

Now last but not least - the train kit, the expensive part of this purchase. The train kit I bought was something I've wanted forever - I even wrote about how badly I wanted one on my Christmas Wish List post in 2013. I didn't notice it at first because I was too busy shitting myself over the cheap products but when I saw it I knew I needed it. It was perfect -it was huge, it wasn't tacky and it was on sale from $125 down to $50. I hmm'd and haaaw'd and finally I just decided to go for it because the shitty ones at walmart are small, tacky and still at least $30 so fuck it! Plus.. this is what my dresser looked like before the train kit... a fucking train wreck. 

So I spent $96 that I really shouldn't have BUT the original price of all of these products was... drum roll please.......
$279

I SAVED 183 BONES
I call that a deal, man. 

I haven't regretted it so far and Im super happy to have some nice products so.. we'll see how I feel in a couple of weeks when I can't afford groceries haha. 

What is the best new product you've tried lately? I love products so please share! 

Big Love,
Bailey






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.