Tuesday, April 29

Saying Goodbye To White Lightning

Today I am saying goodbye to my second car, the first car I ever bought on my own, White Lightning. I bought this car a year ago tomorrow and though it is an absolute piece of junk I find myself emotional and reluctant to give her up. After all, it has been a hell of a year and she has been there by my side the whole time.

In March of 2013 I sold my last car, The Blueberry to a friend for $300 as I planned to move in with my boyfriend, Mark, in California. As most of you know, Mark and I broke up and I moved home. I bought White Lightning, a 97 Pontiac Sunfire 2 months after the break up and moving back to Grand Manan. The car has a lot of sentimental value to me - good and bad. Buying this car was a commitment to staying on Grand Manan, where I do not prefer to live, and moving on from my life with Mark which at that point I wasn't sure if I was ready to do.

That sunfire was my escape. At that time I was unemployed besides my small house and pet sitting business and I spent a lot of time driving around, with the music cranked so high I couldnt think, crying, singing and trying to figure out where the fuck my life was going and if I was ever going to feel whole again. I found solace in white lightning.. I cried a lot of tears in that car. It was a very sad, heart broken time in my life but I kind of drove through my shit storm.



Eventually life started looking up. I was working a job I loved, making good money, the sun was shining and my friends lived at home. White Lightning and I made some memories doing road trips to Saint John and Freddy to see friends and sometimes to see boys. I remember trucking to Fredericton late one Monday night to see a boy I liked so much and even though looking back I should've been embarrassed to show up in that thing, I was just happy to have a way there. She always got me where I needed to go.

In January I made the move to Saint John in White Lightning and got my job at vitos and she has been getting me there ( most of the time) every day for the last 4 months. I have started this new life here and I am happy and moving on and a lot has changed but White Lightning has been my constant - an unreliable constant but a constant nonetheless. Though I know it's time for something new and reliable, I am sad to say goodbye to a car that I was using during such a crazy time in my life. Im such a sucker.

But this new car, which I totally love, is going to be with me for some awesome new memories and I can't wait to see whats up next here in Saint John. Today I am saying a fond goodbye to White Lightning and an eager hello to whatever the future holds, good or bad, with my new car.

Later Days, White Lightning.
Big Love,
Bailey


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.