Wednesday, January 7

One Week of Healthy

Today marks a week that I haven't had anything alcoholic to drink, I've become more active and I've attempted to incorporate more healthy foods into my diet. I said in my last post, about my goals and resolutions, that for now I wasn't putting much emphasis on eating healthy and I'll get more into that in a minute.

I know a week isn't very long and I'm not throwing myself a party but I've seen some great changes, even in just a week and I thought recognizing them, writing them down and sharing them would be beneficial to both myself and my readers. You never know who will get inspired from a post!

So these are some things I've noticed in the past week :

I have way more energy - I go to work bouncing sometimes, even after a split shift and a work out I go back in with more energy than I had that morning. Normally I am lethargic like 90% of the time and the other 10% im hyper because Im excited to drink and go to the bar later.

My #2s are solid - For about 6 weeks before the new year I was having diarrhea every time I used the bathroom. I just thought oh well and kept on keeping on because I've had digestive issues for years and I pretty much knew it was because I drink too much and eat unhealthy. It feels amazing to be a normally functioning human and not in pain all the time. It's ridiculous how I just brushed off basically being sick all the time.

I'm generally a bit happier - I still have bad days and problems - not drinking doesn't take away the problems, it actually makes you face your problems a bit more and I have a lot of things to deal with but my general disposition is a big brighter.

I actually want to eat better - This is me getting into that topic from earlier. I find that I'm not avoiding bad food but I want to make healthier choices after and before my work outs and I feel better fueling my body with more healthy options. I still eat bad things but I am eating a ton of healthy stuff too where as I ate carbs and cheese for most of 2014. I can barely even believe the words "I want to eat healthy food" are coming out of my mouth but hey...its a new year.

I just feel better - Although Id really like a glass of wine I feel a lot better after a week of healthier food, being active and laying off the booze. It's definitely a feeling worth sticking to this stuff for.

Now.. I have to be completely honest... I SUCK at the no boys thing. Tamara says I'm breaking even because I've turned 2 boys down and I have hung out with one boy and I have plans with another Friday. I'm not looking for new guys, these are both guys who I've hung out with before and Im trying to keep it pretty casual but I definitely can admit that I' m failing at the no boys thing. I am trying to make sure it doesn't occupy my thoughts too often and Im not about to catch any feelings because thats when it all goes to shit. We will see how it goes.

Thank you for all the encouraging words I've received regarding my goals and my return to my blog - you have no idea how much it means to get a comment, inbox, like, anything! I really appreciate it :)

Big Love,
Bailey 

3 comments:

  1. That's my girl...way to go...and boys on your own terms...love you bunches XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dare u to go 6 weeks alcohol free. Ive done it a few times and if u think u feel amazing now... just wait!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love, questions, suggestions or links! Advice and constructive criticism always welcome but no hate and negativity if you can help it at all! Thanks in advance xx

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

previous blog entries.